"The Dam Busters" - Movie aircraft. Finished pics & back story (at last!) pg 18.

Started by zenrat, March 01, 2024, 01:09:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Just don't get disappointed when you see it on the model.  The transfer is only 14mm in diameter.

First batch of transfers on today.  I want to give these a weathered look before proceeding with the rest.

B-17 Op Chastise WIP 29-05-24 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Weaver

Delightful as she is, I can't help feeling that the witch's anime face is a bit anachronistic, even for a bad movie made in the 1960s.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

jcf

Quote from: Weaver on May 30, 2024, 05:26:25 AMDelightful as she is, I can't help feeling that the witch's anime face is a bit anachronistic, even for a bad movie made in the 1960s.
Agreed, and if one was seeking
versimilitude something along
the lines of Adolf stuffed into a
trashcan would be more likely.
;)

Of course it's Fred's model, so his choice.

buzzbomb

Deft decal placement.. final stretch is looming

Weaver

Quote from: jcf on May 30, 2024, 12:56:27 PM
Quote from: Weaver on May 30, 2024, 05:26:25 AMDelightful as she is, I can't help feeling that the witch's anime face is a bit anachronistic, even for a bad movie made in the 1960s.
;)

Or a Vargas-style pinup.

And yes, it's verry definitely Fred's decision.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

jcf

Quote from: Weaver on May 30, 2024, 04:01:52 PM
Quote from: jcf on May 30, 2024, 12:56:27 PM
;)

Or a Vargas-style pinup.

And yes, it's verry definitely Fred's decision.
The pin-up style nose art is what got the
attention then and afterwards but it wasn't
actually the most common type. 

zenrat

You were looking at her face?

Print quality isn't good enough to actually see facial detail and as I explained above choices were limited.

Seeing as the movie was shot in '65 I should have pasted Elizabeth Montgomery's face onto the figure and called the aircraft Bewitched...

Fred

zenrat

Quote from: buzzbomb on May 30, 2024, 03:19:02 PMDeft decal placement.. final stretch is looming

Yeah, but there is a poo-poo load of stencils left to do and I have no idea what is lurking under the masking...

I probly shouldn't have go so carried away fading the OD.
Fred

Gondor

Quote from: zenrat on May 31, 2024, 05:49:46 AMYou were looking at her face?

Print quality isn't good enough to actually see facial detail and as I explained above choices were limited.

Seeing as the movie was shot in '65 I should have pasted Elizabeth Montgomery's face onto the figure and called the aircraft Bewitched...

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

scooter

Quote from: zenrat on May 31, 2024, 06:00:14 AMI probly shouldn't have go so carried away fading the OD.
But the corrections'll add realism :wacko:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on May 31, 2024, 05:49:46 AMSeeing as the movie was shot in '65 I should have pasted Elizabeth Montgomery's face onto the figure and called the aircraft Bewitched...

I've still got fond memories of that series. I was just starting to notice "ladies"  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Finished the rest of the transfers today.  Jeez it took a while.
On the plus side they were by Cartograph so worked just fine.

B17 Op Chastise WIP 01-06-2024 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Fred

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est