"The Dam Busters" - Movie aircraft. Finished pics & back story (at last!) pg 18.

Started by zenrat, March 01, 2024, 01:09:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Nice one Fred: this deserves an Oscar, never mind a Whiffie... ;D  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Nice to see good use made of the Upkeep: now I'll have to do something decent with the Lancaster it came off. :thumbsup: 

Any objection to me posting some pics and the backstory on Twitter ("X":rolleyes:)? I can think of a few people who'd get a chuckle out of that. (Hushkit and Dan Snow for starters...)
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Rheged

Quote from: Weaver on July 14, 2024, 01:14:07 PMNice one Fred: this deserves an Oscar, never mind a Whiffie... ;D  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Nice to see good use made of the Upkeep: now I'll have to do something decent with the Lancaster it came off. :thumbsup: 

Any objection to me posting some pics and the backstory on Twitter ("X":rolleyes:)? I can think of a few people who'd get a chuckle out of that. (Hushkit and Dan Snow for starters...)

Perhaps a Tiger Force (extended range) Lancaster with   the "Big Bloke" bomb destined for Kokura?
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Steel Penguin

the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

philp

Best Backstory of the Year.

It will take something even more crazy to know this one out of a Whiffie.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Weaver

Quote from: Rheged on July 14, 2024, 01:32:05 PM
Quote from: Weaver on July 14, 2024, 01:14:07 PMNice one Fred: this deserves an Oscar, never mind a Whiffie... ;D  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Perhaps a Tiger Force (extended range) Lancaster with   the "Big Bloke" bomb destined for Kokura?

There is already a plan in place (a couple of them, actually)... ;)
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

zenrat

Thanks all.

No worries, go for it mate.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Glenn Gilbertson

Weaver

Quote from: zenrat on July 15, 2024, 04:24:42 AMThanks all.

Okay, the deed is done: https://x.com/hws5mp/status/1812918741791089050   :wacko:

(I did some minor editing on the backstory as I reformatted it, but nothing that changed the sense of it - hope that's okay?)

- Indiana Jones

Charlie_c67

All that's missing is the oft used crash of an F9F Panther that seems to be every naval aircraft from a Helldiver to a Tomcat and everything in between...
"If you've never seen an elephant ski, then you've never been on acid."

Rick Lowe

Waiting for the 'X-ers' to weigh in on how it's inaccurate to the Hollywood movie version, because of... take your pick/best guess...  ;D  ;)

Cynical, Moi?

loupgarou

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 14, 2024, 12:55:17 AMFor those of our Transatlantic cousins who may not be aware who "Babs" Windsor was, here's her Wiki biography.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbara_Windsor

Even continentals can ignore who she was... ;D
Thanks for the lnk.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

loupgarou

One of the best (maybe the best) backstory I have read. And beautiful build.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

zenrat

Thanks Loupy.
 :thumbsup:

Quote from: Weaver on July 15, 2024, 11:36:45 AM
Quote from: zenrat on July 15, 2024, 04:24:42 AMThanks all.

Okay, the deed is done: https://x.com/hws5mp/status/1812918741791089050   :wacko:

(I did some minor editing on the backstory as I reformatted it, but nothing that changed the sense of it - hope that's okay?)

Yeah mate, all good.  But if it ends up being used to train AI...

...then we're all in trouble.   :unsure:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

jcf

Something like a Tarzon Tallboy? Obviously a more British version with a different tail arrangement to fit under the Lanc.

You cannot view this attachment.

Weaver

Quote from: jcf on July 16, 2024, 04:03:48 PM

Something like a Tarzon Tallboy? Obviously a more British version with a different tail arrangement to fit under the Lanc.

You cannot view this attachment.

Interesting idea, but I already had a plan for the Lanc, which is why the Upkeep was spare in the first place.

- Indiana Jones