POLL - What should I take to IPMS Nationals?

Started by seadude, March 04, 2024, 10:24:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which model should I take to the IPMS Nationals? You may only vote for 1 option.

USS Solace hospital ship
4 (40%)
USS Louisiana BB-71 MONTANA class battleship
1 (10%)
Refurbished 1990's USS Iowa battleship
1 (10%)
USS Wisconsin railgun battleship
4 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 10

seadude

I am heavily undecided.  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:
I really am unsure what to take to the IPMS Nationals this year in July. It basically comes down to about my best 4-5 model subjects which are the following below.
BUT..........I can only take TWO models due to space limitations in my modeling friend's truck.
After we pack up his truck with our regular luggage, our models, a cooler filled with food/snacks/beverages, and hopefully leaving a bit of space left over for purchases from the vendor area.............there won't be much room left, if any, for anything else.
The 16" Gun Turret memorial I built as shown below IS going. That is confirmed.
But I need to pick one of my other models as listed in the above poll as a second choice to take. And that is tough.
I'd like to take my USS Louisiana, but the case it's packed in is pretty large and it takes up quite a bit of space in the back bed of the truck.
What do you think, folks? What do you think might look and win best at the Nationals?

USS Solace hospital ship

USS Louisiana

USS Iowa

USS Wisconsin

16" Gun Turret

Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

seadude

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 04, 2024, 10:48:14 AMYou didn't put the 16" turret in the poll.

There's no need to list the 16" Gun Turret in the poll when I already posted the following about it:
The 16" Gun Turret memorial I built as shown below IS going. That is confirmed.
But I need to pick one of my other models as listed in the above poll as a second choice to take. And that is tough.
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

seadude

Quote from: zenrat on March 05, 2024, 03:29:14 AMTake the one you are happiest with.

I'm pretty much happy with ALL of them. But I can't take all to the show.
But each one has a "downside" to it too.
1. Almost every time people try to bend over and look inside the cutaway of the hospital ship, they somehow break off the radar masts. I've seen this happen 3 times in the past as people got too close.  :banghead:
2. The Louisiana is nice, but it takes up too much space when packed up and in my friend's truck.
3. The Iowa never seemed to get the attention it deserved when at contests or shown on Facebook, etc. I'm not sure why?
4. The Wisconsin is great and has had lots of rave reviews and such. Though I'm not sure how people will like the blue hull or understand it. And the biggest construction error I made was the small platforms on the port/starboard sides with the pairs of round canisters for the Mk.59 decoys.

kerick

I would take the Wisconsin as I think it's your best effort and it just fires my imagination.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Steel Penguin

Wisky or the Iowa  both are stand outs, and if the hospital ship gets damaged like that ( Philistines!  )  something a little more warlike may be in order.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

philp

I would love to see all of them in person but I really love the Wisconsin and since the show is in Madison...
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies