AVRO kittleton. B.Mk1.

Started by chrisonord, March 06, 2024, 03:13:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McColm

The flat nose, I've gone down that route before. Well done  :thumbsup:

The Rat

3 vertical stabilisers would look cool on a manure pile, and yours will deffo look better than that!  :thumbsup:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

chrisonord

Cheers, its currently in its 3rd PSR stage, the "new" tail fin fits quite well, and looks like it will need very little putty in the small gap at the front. The chin turret has been sourced, and it is the now redundant tail turret from the B-47. The guns need modifying to fit their new home, but a couple of cuts is all that is needed. The bomb bay doors are my current problem to solve, I originally wanted to have them closed, but they don't fit reet well when closed, so open it shall be. I will be hanging it from the ceiling when done, so I will have to sort the bomb bay out, and find some ordnance to stick inside. I am thinking of a pair of scratch built large bombs, or possibly
some  48th scale scalorama 'd munitions, I think I have something that might do, or I could sink an atom bomb in there, a scratch built one.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

The Wooksta!

I would have gone for something bigger, an Ashton or Tudor fin.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"She's died?!?  Then how's she meant to get the shopping home?"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

chrisonord

Quote from: The Wooksta! on May 14, 2024, 04:18:22 PMI would have gone for something bigger, an Ashton or Tudor fin.
Not something I am familiar with Lee, plus all of the components I already had in the spares box. I am needing to get this thing finished, as its taking up a fair bit of room now, but I think all the difficult bits are done with now.

Captain Canada

Looking good ! I like the idea of having the bomb bay loaded, and open, if the plane is going to be hanging !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

chrisonord

Quote from: Captain Canada on May 22, 2024, 02:57:11 PMLooking good ! I like the idea of having the bomb bay loaded, and open, if the plane is going to be hanging !
Cheers :thumbsup:
My next task is finding suitable ordnance for it, I have some 48th scale 1000 lb'ers that will make "good" 2000 lb'ers. I will probably put 6 in there altogether, or... I might get adventurous and make either a freefall atom bomb, or a big glide bomb for it. Or I could use the standoff missile I made, decisions decisions. :banghead:

PR19_Kit

A Hunter fuselage minus wings as a BIG bomb?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

chrisonord

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 24, 2024, 04:08:27 AMA Hunter fuselage minus wings as a BIG bomb?
Or a gnat, I think a hunter would struggle to fit in the bomb bay to be honest. Also today whilst aorting the main landing gear out on one wing, I managed to snap off the wing from its extension, it didn't want to glue back on regardless of what glue I tried either, and I didn't have the time or strength in my arms to hold the parts together, due to my hands wanting to go numb. I have put super glue and styrene cement on, and fingers crossed, it will stick. I am tempted to put thin styrene strips on the joins on both wings, and just say that they are add on reinforcements.

The Rat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 24, 2024, 04:08:27 AMA Hunter fuselage minus wings as a BIG bomb?

Sort of like the Russian KS-1 missile, a scaled down version of the MiG-15

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

killnoizer

Very good , more of that please  !
It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/

PR19_Kit

Quote from: The Rat on May 24, 2024, 09:28:27 AMthe Russian KS-1 missile, a scaled down version of the MiG-15

Precisely!  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

chrisonord

I have an F-86 fuselage somewhere.. :wacko:

PR19_Kit

Regards
Kit

chrisonord