AVRO kittleton. B.Mk1.

Started by chrisonord, March 06, 2024, 03:13:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisonord

Decided to have another crack at this now I have room to do so. PSR and lots of it to blend the bomb bay doors into the front of the fuselage, and the tail gun. Lots and lots to do with this one.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Captain Canada

Defo need room for that beast ! Looking good ! I especially like the way the fuselage looks.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Vulcan7

Six engines, whats not to like  ;D  :mellow:  :thumbsup:
"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

chrisonord

Here's the current progress with the Kittleton. Had to near cut one wing back off after gluing it, as it eould not set at rhe correct angle, and also I had nothing suitable(so I thought) to make the tail wings from. Tail wings are now chooped off bits of main wings, and I am considering a central tail fin also. The tail turret was going nowhere, so that got cut off due to not having anything that suited, and the tail turret fro a 1/100th scale IL-28. I will leave the rest of the gun turrets until the last job, as they all have 20mm cannon barrels sticking out of them. The large gap between fuselage and the first set of engines was made as there could be a wing mounted/launched missile or glide bomb fitted to each wing.

Captain Canada

Nice ! The wings look great. I like the idea of the central fin, but I also like the idea of keeping her original look. I might have a pair of 48 scale Tamiya Lancaster rudders about.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Gondor

That reminds me that I have a six engined Lancaster on the go, only started it a decade or two ago  :rolleyes:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

chrisonord

Quote from: Gondor on April 20, 2024, 06:20:01 AMThat reminds me that I have a six engined Lancaster on the go, only started it a decade or two ago  :rolleyes:

Gondor
I thought I was bad with this one, as it has been  on the go for what must be nearly 2 years.

chrisonord

Quote from: Captain Canada on April 20, 2024, 06:05:20 AMNice ! The wings look great. I like the idea of the central fin, but I also like the idea of keeping her original look. I might have a pair of 48 scale Tamiya Lancaster rudders about.
I am going to use the original shackleton rudders, as well as a tail fin, I think I will have to scratch build it from card also, as there isn't much in my bits boxes that will suffice.

Gondor

Quote from: chrisonord on April 20, 2024, 08:12:40 AM
Quote from: Gondor on April 20, 2024, 06:20:01 AMThat reminds me that I have a six engined Lancaster on the go, only started it a decade or two ago  :rolleyes:

Gondor
I thought I waa bad with this one, as it has been  on the go for what must be nearly 2 years.

My first whiff was started way back in the 1980s, I've still not finished it yet so don't feel bad about it.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

smeds

I'm loving this, pure genius.

kitbasher

Quote from: chrisonord on March 06, 2024, 03:13:49 PMDecided to have another crack at this now I have room to do so. PSR and lots of it to blend the bomb bay doors into the front of the fuselage, and the tail gun. Lots and lots to do with this one.

Is there an 'original' build thread?  If so it's a prime 'shelf queen GB' candidate.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

chrisonord

Quote from: kitbasher on April 27, 2024, 05:08:51 AM
Quote from: chrisonord on March 06, 2024, 03:13:49 PMDecided to have another crack at this now I have room to do so. PSR and lots of it to blend the bomb bay doors into the front of the fuselage, and the tail gun. Lots and lots to do with this one.

Is there an 'original' build thread?  If so it's a prime 'shelf queen GB' candidate.
I think there could one somewhere in the depths of the forum. I won't have it finished in time for the GB I shouldn't have thought, as I haven't been doing much model building of recent, reason being, the lake across from my house has fish in it, and I can fish it for free :wacko:

chrisonord

The new tail fin has been made from left over shackleton bits, and a bit of plastic card. The reasoning behind the size and shape of said tail fin was because on the first iteration of the prototype, the original H type tail as still fitted, didn't make the aircraft steer quickly enough, especially at altitude, and the shape, although "different "to other single tail fins in its shape worked the best in wind tunnel experiments. Despite it not looking very aerodynamic, the overall performance at all altitudes wasn't effected.

buzzbomb

Really nice work there.

That model will have a presence in any room with size of it.. great work