Hi-Tech F-4 Phantom - FINISHED

Started by silverwindblade, March 13, 2024, 05:26:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

kerick

I love those hexagons! I'm going to have to look into that. Just a great build all around.  :thumbsup:
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

silverwindblade

Quote from: kerick on April 08, 2024, 09:52:36 PMI love those hexagons! I'm going to have to look into that. Just a great build all around.  :thumbsup:

They are pretty nifty! I'm looking forward to using more of them on other projects. You can also use the bit between the hexagons for other patterns too.
Here's where I got mine from, but I'm sure with the product name and details you can find them elsewhere too:

https://oeshop.co.uk/products/dspiae-pmt-precut-masking-tape?_pos=1&_psq=+dspiae+masking&_ss=e&_v=1.0

Thank you for the kind words about the build too. I'll be updating soon with more information I'm sure!
Amidst the blue skies, a link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector...
Gordon's Alive, a Podcast I host. Check us out!

KiwiZac

Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

Wardukw

It's been a bloody long time since I've seen a Phantom this good ...beautiful paint work mate 👌 😆😆
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Scooterman

silverwindblade

Sorry for the delays, I have been distracted. But I'm pleased to reveal that the lady is finished! Enjoy the pictures.

Loadout is:
4 x AIM-9 Sidewinder
2 x AIM-120 AMRAAM
1 x GPU-5/A (aka GEPOD) 30mm gunpod
1 x Litening targeting pod
1 x AN/ALQ-184 ECM/ECCM pod
2 x Drop Tank
2 x GBU-16 Paveway Laser Guided Bomb
1 x internally mounted M61A1 20mm Vulcan Cannon

And now for some fictional history:

The F-4X Advanced Phantom, otherwise known as the 'Ultra Phantom', 'Super Phantom' and 'Phantom Custom' or 'Phantom Kai (II)' informally and otherwise, was originally a testbed model aircraft produced by the advanced aerospace and defence research institute 'Silverfox Heavy Industries'.

Following the advanced particle accelerator accident of 2026 that lead to the formation of numerous dimensional rifts around Earth's surface and the subsequent invasions of the extraterrestrial Koradyn and their forces, humanities' militaries were put on a constant war footing, especially after the sheer scope of the Koradyn threat as an existential one was realised. After the loss of numerous large cities and the need for additional military materiel, crash programs to make additional military assets were made available, with cost being seen as little concern in the face of the threat.
SHI and other organisations like them presented numerous solutions involved refitting older aircraft with modern systems, including those reverse-engineered from Koradyn technology in short term.

Once humanities' united forces managed to establish a foothold on the other side of the portal and made contact with their first allies after winning crucial victories that threw the Koradyn mostly off of Earth and gave breathing space enough to ramp up manufacture of newer weapons, vehicles and equipment, these retrofitted aircraft and vehicles became the arsenal of humanities' extra-terrestrial allies, and the F-4X was one of the most favourably received among them, going on to be the notable mount of many of the first XT aces.

As the war continued and more ground was gained, including the regaining of domestic extra-terrestrial factories, F-4Xs were licence produced by several of the allied races, though were a favourite in particular of the feline and canine-like Canuss and Felness, who produced their own specific variants until they were eventually supplanted by more advanced aircraft. Even then, F-4X's remained in use up until the end of the Koradyn War and beyond as support aircraft, ensuring that the legacy of the F-4 Phantom continued for far, far longer than its' original designers could ever have envisaged, in more and more wildly advanced versions than they could have possible contemplated, as later versions started to include more exotic sensors, weapons, avionics, engines and construction materials.

Early F-4x Advanced Phantoms flew in the markings of the terran forces that provided the logistical, traning, and supervisory capability for the aircraft and the squadrons, usually coming from forces that had most recently employed the Phantom in living memory, such as the Japanese Air Self-Defence Force, Turkish, Greek, Israeli and German air forces. Later non-human squadrons adapted some of these markings as homages or as legacy markings to their initial origins, seeing them as important to their personal and cultural histories, and more exotic and esoteric variations of what had been originally camouflage schemes and identification markings serving more as a kind of personal heraldry or symbol of resistance, defiance, and unity against the enemy.
Amidst the blue skies, a link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector...
Gordon's Alive, a Podcast I host. Check us out!

Old Wombat

That's both beautiful & awesomely lethal! Love it! :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

An extremely clever camo scheme there!  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Glenn Gilbertson

Accidental Loggie

Converte et subvertere

Wardukw

Absolutely superb work mate  ;D  ;D  :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

DogfighterZen

I can't see any photos... nothing at all, just the blank space where they're supposed to be...
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

tahsin

Same here. Used two proxies that tend to work, too. Some of the imaging services require clicking on links. If one of the url was given in written form it would be easier to look for.