1/72 Heinkel He 162A-11

Started by UhuFin, March 13, 2024, 01:39:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UhuFin

In this Luft46-scenario Germans have captured a few Gloster Meteors and have used their Rolls-Royce Welland engines to power He 162. So instead of having one captured fighter they got two fighters. Also He 162 having its production volumes exceed Me 262's it is lacking BMW-engines. A-8-variant (He 162 with a Jumo 004) was one solution for this upcoming problem.

The model is based on Special Hobby's wonderful 1/72 kit. The engine is from Airfix' Gloster Meteor F.III that my brother built when he was younger. It was painted with Humbrol paints.

This is actually my 11th He 162  ;D  For engine comparison I have Demuth's He 162A-2 with BMW 003 by Special Hobby and a speculative He 162A-8 with Jumo 004  by Planet Models.

More photos in my scalemate page: https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mate.php?id=72957&p=albums&album=109317&i=22#22

loupgarou

Beautiful build.
What is the dreadful green slime on the second Meteor photo?  :o
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

sandiego89

That is a big donk on there!  Great build
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

frank2056

Great build and beautiful paint job!

Dizzyfugu

Odd, but cool. And I like the paint scheme a lot.  :thumbsup:

NARSES2

That's stunning  :bow:

I've built the Special Hobby He 162, and have another to build, and as you say it is a lovely kit  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

chrisonord

That is brilliant  :wub:
It also gives me an idea of what to do with my old Revell kit, and the remains of a meteor I have too.  :thumbsup:
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

UhuFin

Thank you all for your compliments!

Quote from: loupgarou on March 13, 2024, 02:19:17 PMBeautiful build.
What is the dreadful green slime on the second Meteor photo?  :o
Thanks! That slime is paint peeling off due reaction with my paint removal gel. I guess it was a bit too powerful as it discoloured plastic.

Hotte

Vulcan7

Very cool build, beautifully painted..... gives the 162 a more reliable engine too  ;)  ;D  :mellow:  :mellow:  :mellow:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

UhuFin

Quote from: Vulcan7 on March 14, 2024, 01:09:18 PMVery cool build, beautifully painted..... gives the 162 a more reliable engine too  ;)  ;D  :mellow:  :mellow:  :mellow:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Thanks! Yes a more reliable engine that is also lighter with almost the same thrust. Problems migt come from bigger engine diameter that increases drag, and also increased nose down moment due nozzle being higher and the center of gravity being lower.

TomZ

Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

philp

Nice idea and very nicely carried out.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

63cpe

Compliments on the idea and it execution. All variants are looking very sharp and subtle weathered....

David aka 63CPE