RAAC 1st Armoured Regiment M48

Started by Wardukw, March 14, 2024, 10:04:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Cool! :mellow:  :thumbsup:

Really does need the crew to make its new nationality clearer, though. ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

Thanks lads  ;D  ;D  ;D

Womdy mate I agree with ya ..I was thinking of handing a Australian flag on the antenna...then after looking thru my decals I discovered I didn't have one ..so I'll figure something out.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Steel Penguin

looks like the crew know what they are doing  :thumbsup:   and all the ramage really adds to the " lived in" look of it.  have you considered adding a couple of lawn chairs to the rear cage as well ?  :wacko:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Wardukw

Quote from: Steel Penguin on June 06, 2024, 12:27:39 PMlooks like the crew know what they are doing  :thumbsup:   and all the ramage really adds to the " lived in" look of it.  have you considered adding a couple of lawn chairs to the rear cage as well ?  :wacko:

;D  ;D
Mate if I had a couple or four lawn chairs they'd be there for sure.  😁😁
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

Quote from: Wardukw on June 06, 2024, 11:40:56 AMThanks lads  ;D  ;D  ;D

Womdy mate I agree with ya ..I was thinking of handing a Australian flag on the antenna...then after looking thru my decals I discovered I didn't have one ..so I'll figure something out.

Got any tiny star transfers?  Put a Southern Cross on the mantle.  Subtle, but does the job.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

buzzbomb

Quote from: Wardukw on June 06, 2024, 01:43:24 PM
Quote from: Steel Penguin on June 06, 2024, 12:27:39 PMlooks like the crew know what they are doing  :thumbsup:   and all the ramage really adds to the " lived in" look of it.  have you considered adding a couple of lawn chairs to the rear cage as well ?  :wacko:
;D  ;D

In Australian Army speak.. Chairs Millionaire.
Bronze Green Painted folding Chairs with Canvas seat and back. Having four would be considered a major luxury and make them a target for "Inter unit re-allocation of stores"

I do like it over all. Even Australian Armour Tac Markings would give the subtle nod to being an Aussie one

Wardukw

Quote from: zenrat on June 07, 2024, 05:23:54 AM
Quote from: Wardukw on June 06, 2024, 11:40:56 AMThanks lads  ;D  ;D  ;D

Got any tiny star transfers?  Put a Southern Cross on the mantle.  Subtle, but does the job.

Mate that's a good idea ...ive got stars so I'll have to take a looksie at the decal pile again.
I just scored a a lovely pile of Warhammer 40k decals so ya never know what I'll find .

Quote from: buzzbomb on June 16, 2024, 03:52:25 PM
Quote from: Wardukw on June 06, 2024, 01:43:24 PM
;D  ;D

In Australian Army speak.. Chairs Millionaire.
Bronze Green Painted folding Chairs with Canvas seat and back. Having four would be considered a major luxury and make them a target for "Inter unit re-allocation of stores"

I do like it over all. Even Australian Armour Tac Markings would give the subtle nod to being an Aussie one

Oh ive been involved in a wee bit of stores reallocation  ;D  ;D
Of as we called it ..resupply by anyways possible...so if it wasn't nailed down it was a target ..that included vehicles  :wacko:
We had a guy nicknamed Skittles ..not cause he was colorfully..cause he could always get the good stuff and we liked Skittles 👍
And Milk Duds  :lol:

zenrat

I've scratched up a 1/72 deck chair for an RAF pilot waiting on alert.

Does anyone make 1/35 folding chairs, table, and picnic basket?
Asking for a friend.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

rickshaw

Quote from: zenrat on June 17, 2024, 04:25:53 AMI've scratched up a 1/72 deck chair for an RAF pilot waiting on alert.

Asking for a friend.

Their are various deckchairs made by various diorama manufacturers.  None however resemble a Chair, Millionaire, unfortunately. :banghead:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

zenrat

Quote from: buzzbomb on June 16, 2024, 03:52:25 PM...In Australian Army speak.. Chairs Millionaire.
Bronze Green Painted folding Chairs with Canvas seat and back...

So i'm intrigued and have to know.

Like this (fondly remembered finger trapper from my youth - apparently now considered retro and priced accordingly)?

Or this?

Or this?

Fred

Wardukw

Fred the bottom pic is what is commonly known as a directors chair ...it's very similar to what we "borrowed " on occasion 😀
We also had folding deck chairs made from this plastic type canvas which are close to the director type chairs but these had had alot more lean to em so ya sat back more..very comfortable and that easily made em a target 😉 😀

kerick

Quote from: rickshaw on June 17, 2024, 04:56:27 AM
Quote from: zenrat on June 17, 2024, 04:25:53 AMI've scratched up a 1/72 deck chair for an RAF pilot waiting on alert.

Asking for a friend.

Their are various deckchairs made by various diorama manufacturers.  None however resemble a Chair, Millionaire, unfortunately. :banghead:

There is a Tamiya tank kit with a folding table and two folding steel chairs. I think it's the old M41 Walker Bulldog.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

buzzbomb

Quote from: zenrat on June 17, 2024, 05:34:02 AM
Quote from: buzzbomb on June 16, 2024, 03:52:25 PM...In Australian Army speak.. Chairs Millionaire.
Bronze Green Painted folding Chairs with Canvas seat and back...

So i'm intrigued and have to know.

Like this (fondly remembered finger trapper from my youth - apparently now considered retro and priced accordingly)?

That's the format, just a canvas cover and paint difference really and no swanky flat arms or springs, if my fading memory serves.

I tried to find some pix, but nothing popped up. Probably not high on the "have to take a photo of that" list.
In the Sigs unit I was in at the time, one was issued per detachment and one folding stool. Chair allocation was done on a Rank has its privileges basis  ;D  So with generally 3 men to a Detachment of a corporal and two diggers easy to work out. Generally as one was always on a radio shift and others on any other job the Troop Sergeant or SSM could think up, time actually getting to sit in a chair was minimal.

rickshaw

Chair, folding,  camp, for the use of...

The Chair, Millionaire is on the left of the image.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.