Cessna 310 - Katanga

Started by mat, March 15, 2024, 12:22:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: mat on March 24, 2024, 10:22:25 AMIts all scratchbuild, as I could not find any usefull pieces in my scrapyard.

It looks like ALL the bits were useful! It worked a treat.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

Very tight work area Mat...great stuff bud 👍 👌
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

mat

After some filling I managed to make the windows fit and fixed with Clearfix. The cabin and the nose wheel well glued in and som weight added so I don't get a tail sitter.

You cannot view this attachment.

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

loupgarou

Lot of work in that little critter!  :thumbsup:
I hope that when you sand around he windows, you won't scratch them.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Wardukw

Quote from: loupgarou on April 01, 2024, 12:40:12 PMLot of work in that little critter!  :thumbsup:
I hope that when you sand around he windows, you won't scratch them.
Basically exactly what I was thinking 🤔 😅
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

mat

Windows glued in with Clearfix, fuselage assembled, puttied and windows covered with maskin tape to prevent scratching. The 310 is slowly getting along.

kerick

That's going to look cool!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

mat

Ready for some paint.

PR19_Kit

Looking EXTREMELY good.  :thumbsup:

Looking forward to seeing it finished, I had a flight in one in South Africa once, a lovely aeroplane.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

rickshaw

Quote from: The Rat on March 19, 2024, 03:52:19 PMOn the 'aiming' bit: I spent 10 years, 1969 to 1979, with a reserve infantry regiment, and alongside many veterans of the disastrous raid on Dieppe, Operation Jubilee. So I've conversed and trained with many who saw thick combat, and here is what they said: Aiming is great, if you can actually see them. But in many cases all you're trying to do is keep their heads down while others advance toward the position. Then, in close quarters, you often don't have the time, because you're still running/walking/trembling, and scanning for whatever may come at you from the side. In fact, when advancing in a line on a flanking manoeuvre, your section automatic weapons team (we had the FN 7.62mm C2) is keeping their heads down with bursts, and you are firing from the hip on command, until you get close and charge into the position. After that it's mass confusion, screams, and blood.

And I hope we never have to see it.

I spent 10 years in the Australian Army from 1977 to 1988 and during that time I trained a few Army Reserve recruit courses.  I used to teach them to shoot the F1 SMG (which looks like a Stirling turned on it's side with a top mounted magazine).  I used to teach them to hold the SMG into their sides and the left hand on top of the cooling jacket, pointing instinctively at the target.  I used to chop down Figure 11 targets when demonstrating it to the recruits on the 25 metre range.  They learnt similar skills.  My best recruit was a Vietnamese recruit who was a dead-eye Dick.  When I asked him where he had learnt to shoot like that, he said, "In the war."  I then remarked, "In the ARVN?"  He replied, "No, in the VC."  I suggested that he should keep that a bit quiet.  :banghead:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Dizzyfugu

mat

The Katanga Cessna 310 have been painted. The inspiration came from a N.A. T-6 Texan/Harvard, that served in an other of the 1960s wars - Biafra.

And now it's time for printing the decals.