Douglas D-557C - French service

Started by mat, March 16, 2024, 07:12:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

mat

Found a useable canopy in my scrapyard- think it's from ancient conversion kit from the german Airmodel.

You cannot view this attachment.

mat

The Airmodel canopy have been cut down, and I've initiated the construction of the cockpitt section, which will later - in a miraculous way - be mated to the fuselage. How I don't now yet, but I gamble on, that like John Lennon, inventing the name "The Beatles", I will have a dream where a little man on a burning cake will deliver the answer.

NARSES2

Quote from: mat on April 04, 2024, 03:59:33 AMThe Airmodel canopy have been cut down, and I've initiated the construction of the cockpitt section, which will later - in a miraculous way - be mated to the fuselage. How I don't now yet, but I gamble on, that like John Lennon, inventing the name "The Beatles", I will have a dream where a little man on a burning cake will deliver the answer.

;D  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

mat

Fuselage and the cockpitt section have been joined, and some PSR have been taking place to make it fit. Now it's time to fill the cockpitt with stuff. Did the D-557C have bangseats? In the what-if world it probably will.

Wardukw

Quote from: mat on April 13, 2024, 09:05:01 AMFuselage and the cockpitt section have been joined, and some PSR have been taking place to make it fit. Now it's time to fill the cockpitt with stuff. Did the D-557C have bangseats? In the what-if world it probably will.

In wiffy world you can bet they did 😏  :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

63cpe

interesting build Mat. Great work so far.

Love to see it finished. Maybe it would have operated along my Coutelasses on French Carriers?

Keep on modelling!

David aka 63CPE

mat

The D-557C was powered by an Westinghouse X25D2 turbine mounted in the rear of the fuselage. So the model need an exhaust from the turbine.

The exhaust part glued on. Now it need some PSR to make it fit with the wing and rear fuselage.

Captain Canada

Very cool. Love the big Douglas singles.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

jcf

X25D2 specifications.
D: 33"
L: 173.5"
W: 2,540 lbs
3,300 hp + 980 lbs residual thrust

From here:
Aircraft Powerplants 1946

Wardukw

It's on of the reasons I like the Skyraider and anything that even resembles a Skyraider..its big brutal appearance..this one is right up that alley  ;D
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

mat

The nose job

Now its time for adding wings and tail planes

Wardukw

63cpe

That a serious kitbash. I like it!

Nose job looks like it'll get a new identity. What kind of intake did you use?

David aka 63CPE

loupgarou

Wow! Really an heavy conversion, or should I say scratch-build?  :thumbsup:
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.