Douglas D-557C - French service

Started by mat, March 16, 2024, 07:12:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Reminds me of the French shipborne anti-submarine aircraft

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

Contra-props improve ANYthing!  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

loupgarou

Cockpit very near the nose, contraprops and the shape of the air intake make me think of a strange russian prototype, but don't remember its name.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

NARSES2

Quote from: Gondor on May 11, 2024, 01:30:09 PMReminds me of the French shipborne anti-submarine aircraft

Gondor

The Alize ? I can see what you mean.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: loupgarou on May 11, 2024, 02:48:57 PMCockpit very near the nose, contraprops and the shape of the air intake make me think of a strange russian prototype, but don't remember its name.

I think I know the one you mean, but can't find it after a quick browse through some project/prototype books.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

That would be the Tu-91 Boot, famous for being tested as the #3 engine aboard a Tu-4LL test bed aircraft.

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

I was just posting that but without the pictures. Ho hum  :thumbsup:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

mat

Quote from: 63cpe on May 11, 2024, 04:12:25 AMThat a serious kitbash. I like it!

Nose job looks like it'll get a new identity. What kind of intake did you use?

David aka 63CPE

The intake is made of a piece of the fuselage of an old Frog Ju 88.

NARSES2

The photo of the "Boot" fitted as the #3 engine makes it look like the face of some animal

jcf

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 13, 2024, 06:22:58 AMThe photo of the "Boot" fitted as the #3 engine makes it look like the face of some animal
Andy the Anti-Tank Engine hated Thomas.

jcf

Very cool.
The appearance is somewhat reminiscent of one of the early concepts.
The third one down, the composite engine.
You cannot view this attachment.

mat

The D-557C had another arrangement.  It used a single Westinghouse X25-D-2 turbine placed in the rear fuselage.

mat

Almost done. Just need some details to be finished.

Pellson

Quote from: mat on May 16, 2024, 03:19:17 AMAlmost done. Just need some details to be finished.

Looking great!  :thumbsup:
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

NARSES2