Fairey Delta 3

Started by MikoLee, March 16, 2024, 09:09:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikoLee

In October and November 1956, a total of 47 low-level supersonic test flights were conducted from Cazaux Air Base, Bordeaux, France; a detachment of Dassault engineers closely observed these trials, learning a great deal about delta wing aircraft from the Fairey Delta 2

'If it were not for the clumsy way in which you tackle things in Britain, you could have made the Mirage yourself." - Marcel Dassault

Miko

Scotaidh

Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

PR19_Kit

Quote from: MikoLee on March 16, 2024, 09:09:32 AM'If it were not for the clumsy way in which you tackle things in Britain, you could have made the Mirage yourself." - Marcel Dassault

We did, and it was called the Fairey FD2.

And he 'borrowed' the wing design for the original MD550.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

MikoLee

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 16, 2024, 09:42:32 AMWe did, and it was called the Fairey FD2.

And he 'borrowed' the wing design for the original MD550.

I  think monsieur Dassault meant a capable interceptor fighter that was widely exported all over the world and not just a supersonic research aircraft that went on to model wings for Concorde

Miko

PR19_Kit

I'm sure he did, but he had the advantage of a Government who fully supported him, rather than one who didn't give a damn about smaller aircraft companies.

Even if they had just raised the World Air Speed Record by a large amount.......
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Rat

That is very. very, nice.  :thumbsup:  :wub:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

NARSES2

That's come out very well  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

perttime

Looks right!  :thumbsup:

What went into the build? There must be something from a Mirage.

MikoLee

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 16, 2024, 12:02:23 PMI'm sure he did, but he had the advantage of a Government who fully supported him, rather than one who didn't give a damn about smaller aircraft companies.

Even if they had just raised the World Air Speed Record by a large amount.......

Yep, you've illustrated the point I was making with my initial post, thanks!

MikoLee

Quote from: perttime on March 17, 2024, 02:53:15 AMLooks right!  :thumbsup:

What went into the build? There must be something from a Mirage.

It was a built as a 24hr build in a now defunct forum from this

Miko

McColm

comrade harps

Whatever.

Captain Canada

Nice one ! Such a good looking machine, and she looks just right in those colours !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?