Scooter's Randomness- V-Force (Londthyrian Confederacy Air Service)

Started by scooter, March 18, 2024, 07:09:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scooter

Placeholder, with two questions, with one aimed at our resident Swede:

• How hard/difficult would it have been to equip V Bombers with IFR boom receptacles?
  • Could Rb08 be air launched?
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

PR19_Kit

Quote from: scooter on March 18, 2024, 07:09:25 AM
  • How hard/difficult would it have been to equip V Bombers with IFR boom receptacles?

As in most similar situations, it would be a matter of money. As they 'couldn't afford' ejector seats for the rear three crew members I can't see it ever happening..................

There was also a matter of need, the RAF didn't need to refuel from KC-135s really, they always had quite a hefty tanker fleet to hand.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 18, 2024, 08:13:48 AM

As in most similar situations, it would be a matter of money. As they 'couldn't afford' ejector seats for the rear three crew members I can't see it ever happening..................

There was also a matter of need, the RAF didn't need to refuel from KC-135s really, they always had quite a hefty tanker fleet to hand.

If the RAF needed to refuel from a KC-135 there was a short adaptor fitter to the flying boom that had a basket on it.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

scooter

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 18, 2024, 08:13:48 AM

Right.  That answers one question.  And, in the typical Londthyrian habit of throwing equivalent $/£/DM in precious metals and gems to solve certain issues, will result in the B.2L will be born. :wacko: While our KC-880/990 fleet will be suitably equipped for multiple receivers
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

Gondor

The advantage of the Probe and Drogue method the RAF and others use is the ability to easily refuel multiple aircraft at the same time, you can't do that with a flying Boom.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

scooter

Quote from: Gondor on March 20, 2024, 10:12:16 AMThe advantage of the Probe and Drogue method the RAF and others use is the ability to easily refuel multiple aircraft at the same time, you can't do that with a flying Boom.

Gondor
True.  But FirstStratAirDiv is comprised of multiple different types of aircraft, so our Convair tankers will have both boom (to support various USAF-analogue aircraft) as well as drogue for RAF and naval fighters.
Gone But Not Forgotten

— Groucho Marx

scooter

This'll be a profile/org chart of the First Strategic Air Division, circa some time in 1968, based at Sidikadahl Airbase
Gone But Not Forgotten

— Groucho Marx

perttime

As far as I can tell, Saab Rb 08 was not air launchable in real life. Just looking at it, I believe you would need to redesign it a bit to be able to a) carry it, and b) launch it.

scooter

Progress is being made...however, my sanity is important (even if it is overrated), so it's slow progress.  A rare in progress screenshot.  The final version will obviously be cleaned up and properly linked.

Link to dA Stash: https://sta.sh/0jww7darlut

Currently working on the KC-97M
Gone But Not Forgotten

— Groucho Marx

scooter

Gone But Not Forgotten

— Groucho Marx

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

scooter

Still working on it.  Draft version below

If you want to view on dA here
Gone But Not Forgotten

— Groucho Marx

scooter

Sanctus cacas! I'm actually doing WiP updates.
Updated!  Added attributions and a missing Buccaneer; changed the F-106 main image.  Added identifiers and squadrons.

If you want to view on dA. click here
Gone But Not Forgotten

— Groucho Marx

kerick

At first glance at the HC-97 I thought it was a C-130 with a new face. That would be quite a whiff! Perhaps a C-97 fuselage with C-130 wings and fuselage. It would have to be a one of a kind hammered together by a backwater depot as I can't see Boeing and Lockheed working together on a production version.

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise