Sixties motorcycle and sidecar. Finished pics pg 9.

Started by zenrat, March 24, 2024, 04:48:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Thanks H.  I will now be hand carving bar-end indicators from amber clear sprue... ;D
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Neat work on that sidecar  :thumbsup:  I had an uncle who was a signwriter, he'd of been impressed  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

Brilliant work Fred...pin stripes and me are not friends ..in this case they're in love with you  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Weaver

Quote from: zenrat on June 27, 2024, 05:30:04 AMThanks H.  I will now be hand carving bar-end indicators from amber clear sprue... ;D

Thought you were going to say you'd be hand-carving a Julie Andrews for a moment there... :angel:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

zenrat

No mate.  I leave scratchbuilding figures to those way more talented than me.

I knocked up a sidecar seat today.  I could just glue it to the floor but no, I had to build mounting rails which IRL would have allowed it to be slid fore and aft...
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat

Fred

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

Thanks guys.
Now the seat is in I think i made the sidecar body too long.  Not going to change it now though.
The WW2 originals had a heater in the sidecar to stop lessen the chance of the occupant freezing on the Eastern front.
Fred

zenrat

I'm contemplating the exhaust pipes.
Either 1mm styrene rod or 1.2mm wire from a large paper clip.
Fred

Wardukw

1.2mm coper wire mate..super easy to bend ,,,i would say solder but thats to soft at 1.2mm .

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on July 13, 2024, 07:12:52 AMI'm contemplating the exhaust pipes.
Either 1mm styrene rod or 1.2mm wire from a large paper clip.

If the paper clip is "chromed" then I'd use that

zenrat

In the end I didn't have any 1mm rod.  Only 1.2.  I used that, softening it over a tea  light to bend it.
I've painted them with Molotow Chrome.
Fred