Sixties motorcycle and sidecar. Finished pics pg 9.

Started by zenrat, March 24, 2024, 04:48:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

Quote from: zenrat on April 07, 2024, 04:50:05 AMOh they look pretty good mate.  I get Alclad Chrome right 1 time in 3 (truth be told its all in the gloss black undercoat).  This might be one of those times.

I want to hand paint the tyres then i'll post some pics.

This will be worth waiting for me be thinking matey 👍 👍 😀
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

OK.  Here is the front wheel.  While I was working on it it didn't seem as small as it looks in the hands of the Scale Reference Minifig.

Sixties Chopper WIP 09-04-2024 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Wardukw

I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

buzzbomb

zenrat

Slow progress due to the need for finishing parts before they can be assembled into sub-assemblies that are required to be assembled before parts can be modified to enable assembly.  :unsure:  What?

But here is where I (and scale reference minifig) is at.

Sixties Chopper WIP 30-04-2024 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Mods so far include removing the front mudguard (moulded to wheel), bobbing the rear mudguard (moulded to wheel), and removing side car mounts from the frame so the chair can be mounted on the correct (left) side.  Side car chassis has also been modified so it will fit upside down on the left and new sidecar mounts added to that side of the frame.
Next job is to mock it up with the chair chassis in position and scratch up the connections between it and the bike frame.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Fred

Wardukw

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
This is going to be funny and cool at the same time  ;D

NARSES2

Going to be titled "Get me to the BBQ in time" ?  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Fred

killnoizer

Quote from: Wardukw on May 01, 2024, 12:53:49 PM:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
This is going to be funny and cool at the same time  ;D

I'm not sure about it ...  :wub:
It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/

zenrat

Progress.

Frame/Tank halves are now glued around the engine/wheel.  Tank seam PSRed and the tank painted with a matt red undercoat.
Fred

Flyer

Going by the thread title I was picturing a sidecar equipped Huey...
"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

scooter

Quote from: Flyer on May 09, 2024, 05:40:08 AMGoing by the thread title I was picturing a sidecar equipped Huey...

You weren't the only one
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng