Sixties motorcycle and sidecar. Finished pics pg 9.

Started by zenrat, March 24, 2024, 04:48:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

Maybe chrome.  Lets see how it copes with cold and damp - my shed isn't all that accommodating this time of year.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Wardukw

Quote from: zenrat on July 15, 2024, 04:09:55 AMMaybe chrome.  Lets see how it copes with cold and damp - my shed isn't all that accommodating this time of year.

A problem I'm well aware of at the mo too..the condensation is heavy as hell at night or it's hoseing it down 🙄
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

Exhausts are in place.  Chrome is a little shabby but that's because its been ridden hard.   ;D

Not a lot left to do now.

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat

Quote from: zenrat on July 16, 2024, 03:45:48 AM...Not a lot left to do now.

I really should keep my mouth shut.

While attaching the headlight I pushed a bit hard and the top-yoke (triple-tree for americans) and handlebars assumed a ballistic trajectory.   :banghead:
I heard them land, somewhere to the right side of my bench, but could i find the part?  Could I feck.
That side of the bench is nice and tidy now though.

It didn't take long to scratch up a yoke from a scrap piece of evergreen.  Bending some bars from hard wire took longer especially as I added switch block/clamps and brake/clutch levers.
Why am I building a 1/48 bike?  It's all fart oo small.

Fred

scooter

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

zenrat

Quote from: scooter on July 17, 2024, 04:41:38 AM
Quote from: zenrat on July 17, 2024, 02:59:19 AMWhy am I building a 1/48 bike?  It's all fart oo small.

At least it's not 1/72

:o  :o  :o

Once this is done I might have a go at the Italeri 1/9 Zundap KS750 combination.  A much more sensible scale for a motorcycle.
Fred

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Why did they choose 1/9 for motorbike models?

It always seemed a bit 'off the wall' to me when I built some display ones for my mate's model shop in Oxford. My fave was a V8 Moto-Guzzi (I think...........) it just blew my mind that an engine THAT small could be a V8! The pistons/cylinders must have flying model engine size in the RW!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

perttime

Benelli had a 250cc V8 race bike engine ... and then rules were changed to limit the number of cylinders to two.

PR19_Kit

That's 31 cc/cylinder!  :o

I've had model flying engines TWICE that size!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

This is finished now apart from a number plate.

Wanting to make a 1967 California plate but not knowing the colours I turned to a well known interweb search engine and found this.
Some people have too much spare time.  But I suppose I am grateful for that as it is a potentially usefull resource.

Fred

zenrat

...six weeks later.

Finished!

No back story for this one.  Just an old BMW R-75 rebuilt and tarted up in the sixties.

BMW R-75 & Sidecar - 13 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

BMW R-75 & Sidecar - 16 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

BMW R-75 & Sidecar - 4 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

BMW R-75 & Sidecar - 3 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Kit is the 1/48 Tamiya German Motorcycle and Sidecar.  I have swapped the sidecar onto the correct side and scratchbuilt the sidecar body.
After losing the handlebars and top yoke piece I scratchbuilt a replacement from evergreen and wire.

BMW R-75 & Sidecar - 1 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Fred

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.