Sixties motorcycle and sidecar. Finished pics pg 9.

Started by zenrat, March 24, 2024, 04:48:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rheged

"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

Super small and super cool 😎
Awesome work mate 👏 😀
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

Thanks folks.   :thumbsup:

Thanks to Nick I tracked down the aftermarket "rider and pig" set which i'll one day add to the second example of this kit already in my stash.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

zenrat

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

frank2056

Beautiful build and paint job!

What's the rule for sidecar location?

Weaver

That looks great! The pinstriping is awesome on something so small.  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Weaver

Quote from: frank2056 on September 05, 2024, 08:34:09 AMBeautiful build and paint job!

What's the rule for sidecar location?

The bike's supposed to be on the same side as the driver of a car would be. This is so the rider can see down the outside of vehicles ahead of it for overtaking.

In British law, there's a loophole whereby if the sidecar wheel is driven, then the vehicle counts as a tricycle rather than a sidecar, and the latter can therefore be on either side. Russian Dneiper outfits with driven wheels on right-hand sidecars are/were imported on this basis. Riding a bike with the sidecar on the right on British roads, where we drive on the left, can be entertaining. I remember the owner of one such outfit describing his overtaking technique as "put the sidecar over the white line, then observe the colour of the passenger's face: if they turn white then there's something coming, so pull them in again." I declined the offer of a ride... :o
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

frank2056

That makes sense. Either way, the sidecar passenger is in a precarious position - if the sidecar is in the "correct" location, the passenger will be at just the right height to hit doors flung open by people in parked cars. If in the "wrong" location, they're looking at incoming traffic only inches/feet away.

zenrat

Wesver put it perfectly.  Thanks H.

While I love driving them I really hate being in the sidecar.

Quote from: frank2056 on September 05, 2024, 09:25:54 PMThat makes sense. Either way, the sidecar passenger is in a precarious position - if the sidecar is in the "correct" location, the passenger will be at just the right height to hit doors flung open by people in parked cars. If in the "wrong" location, they're looking at incoming traffic only inches/feet away.
Also, the passengers face is often exactly the same height as truck or bus exhaust pipes.
Fred

NARSES2

You very seldom see sidecars around nowadays. Once upon a time you quite often saw the lady of the house and even the kids crammed into them. Only ever rode in one once and all I'll say is that I actually felt safer in my mates Bubble Car and that says a lot  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

The introduction of cheap small cars was the beginning of the end for the sidecar.
They were warm, dry, and even the smallest car had more room for "courting" than a sidecar.
Fred

PR19_Kit

The only motorcycle I ever partially-owned had a sidecar, mainly because both my brother and I had provisional licenses and the bike was a 650 cc. Triumph Bonneville!  :o

That taught me lots about torque induced steer I can tell you!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit