Project 3 ( for Zenrat)

Started by 63cpe, March 24, 2024, 08:58:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

63cpe

@zenrat : The surfboard shaped things are actually huge tiltrotor props (considering I'm building 1/72 only) with Pogo props ( broke off, need to be glued on again) and Buccaneer intakes. Exhaust shape is still under discussion.

PXL_20240324_145031504 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr
PXL_20240324_145044494 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr
PXL_20240324_145054349.MP by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

I'm working on a nice shaped fuselage to put the onto. Maybe something like a 1/48 Learjet fuselage ( shortened a lil) and scale-o-ramaed to 1/72. Nice pop-out undercarriage from the lower fuselage..Not all to clear yet.

Keep on glueing all!

David aka 63CPE

Steel Penguin

those do look splendid, both purposeful and something rather advanced  looking forward to them being attached to something.  :thumbsup:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

PR19_Kit

Got to love a BIG contra-prop!  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Ah, so the upper part is round in cross section.  In the pics they looked flat.  Hence me thinking surfboard*.

Tilt wing or tilt engines?

I am picturing them on a Lear shaped fuselage and they "look" right.  You may proceed.   ;)  :thumbsup:

*possibly also guiltwave vibes from the oh so nearly finished Gundam Gravsurfer build which sits in the In Tray of shame just to the right of my bench.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

63cpe

@Steel Penguin  & PR_19 Kit: thank you.

@zenrat: Completely understood why you presumed it was flat. The broken off props made it hard aswell to recognize what it was. I was thinking tilt engine and a slightly forward swept wing. Thanks for endorsing the Lear shaped fuselage  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

With all current projects at hand I guess progress will be slow.

Cheers,
David aka 63CPE

Wardukw

A Lear jet tilt rotor just sounds right..sleak and fast with beastly looking contra props .
Nail ..head..slammed  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

Quote from: 63cpe on March 25, 2024, 12:11:42 PM@Steel Penguin  & PR_19 Kit: thank you.

@zenrat: Completely understood why you presumed it was flat. The broken off props made it hard aswell to recognize what it was. I was thinking tilt engine and a slightly forward swept wing. Thanks for endorsing the Lear shaped fuselage  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

With all current projects at hand I guess progress will be slow.

Cheers,
David aka 63CPE

Endorsed mate.

As i've said before, we seem the share an aesthetic.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

63cpe

Weekend update:

I never knew the fuselage of an Hs 125 Dominie fits an 1/48 Learjet fuselage quite well. The Dominie fuselage parts are glued to the sides of the Learjet. left and right halfs are seperated. Remaining gap is about 6 milimeters. So I need to take the tail off, close the gap over the halves and refit the tail. Meanwhile an F-16 /F-104 style gear will be put in fuselage halves just like an interior (cockpit from the Dominie) and a lower cockpit window.

During a rummage I found an 1/48 Bronco wing (not sure as it has sort of plastic struts to tilt the wing). Given the lack of detail on the wing I guess it's late 60-ies /early 70-ies, maybe Glencoe.
Anyway that might be a nice wing to put the monsterprop engines on and put it on the Learjet /Dominie fuselage.

PXL_20240407_200019427.MP by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

David aka 63CPE

Gondor

May I suggest that your main undercarriage be fitted mostly to the outside of the fuselage like the Hercules and other transport aircraft? Parts of fuel tanks would work as the fairings for each leg.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

63cpe

Good point Gondor! will do... :thumbsup:

David aka 63CPE

The Wooksta!

Looking at the way the Learjet nose fits the HS 125, it gives me an idea of how to do an Avtek 400.  Well, the fuselage anyway.

http://v3llum.com/ahead-of-its-time-the-avtek-400a-aircraft/
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

chrisonord

Quote from: The Wooksta! on April 07, 2024, 03:20:40 PMLooking at the way the Learjet nose fits the HS 125, it gives me an idea of how to do an Avtek 400.  Well, the fuselage anyway.

I thought I recognised the aircraft, as it was in Airwolf. :wacko:
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

The Wooksta!

In one of the only two season 3 episodes worth watching.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

63cpe

Quote from: The Wooksta! on April 07, 2024, 03:20:40 PMLooking at the way the Learjet nose fits the HS 125, it gives me an idea of how to do an Avtek 400.  Well, the fuselage anyway.

Not like the OMAC Laser 300 ( I admit it's obscure and deserves an acquired taste )?

David aka 63CPE

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?