Round Two of the 2024/2025 GB Subject Poll Pick up to 3

Started by NARSES2, April 01, 2024, 07:07:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2024/2025 GB Poll - Pick up to 3. The top 2 will then join the Tophe/In Memoriam GB in the forthcoming season.

The Uncrewed GB - Drones/A.I. etc
5 (14.3%)
The Hawk, Tornado, Typhoon GB
9 (25.7%)
The Emergency Services GB
8 (22.9%)
The 1970's GB
9 (25.7%)
Pure Fantasy
2 (5.7%)
The Century Series GB - The US Air Forces Century series of aircraft
8 (22.9%)
The Bad Idea GB - Something that seemed like a good idea of the time, but wasn't fully thought through.
12 (34.3%)
The Phantom GB
1 (2.9%)
The Floating Things GB
7 (20%)
Prototypes and Mockups GB
10 (28.6%)
The 1930's GB
10 (28.6%)
The Africa GB
4 (11.4%)
Spaceships GB
4 (11.4%)
The Polar Wars GB - Combat in the Arctic/Antarctic
14 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Voting closed: April 11, 2024, 07:07:50 AM

NARSES2

Round Two of the 2024/2025 GB Subject Poll - pick up to 3

Basically, I used 10 votes as the cut-off point. Nothing scientific about that, I just thought double figures was a relatively sensible cut off point.

Now I've given you 3 votes, although you don't have to use them all. The 2 categories with the most votes will go forward to the 2024/2025 GB season along with the Tophe/In Memoriam GB

I'll leave it open until the afternoon of Wednesday 10th April (UK Time) so get voting.

Thank you in advance for your participation.

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Rat

"The Bad Idea" comes close to one I was going to suggest for the next poll: 'Make it Worse.'

A Spitfire with a Gypsy Major engine? (Wooksta clutches his chest and drops to the floor)
Turn any jet into a taildragger?
Taking inspiration from the Mosquito; a wooden tank?

I'll keep the suggestion on the back burner.  ;D
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

kerick

An interesting set of choices. Any of these would have made for a good GB. The unused high scoring ones should be rolled over into the next series.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

kitbasher

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 01, 2024, 07:07:50 AMRound Two of the 2024/2025 GB Subject Poll - pick up to 3

Basically, I used 10 votes as the cut-off point. Nothing scientific about that, I just thought double figures was a relatively sensible cut off point.

Now I've given you 3 votes, although you don't have to use them all. The 2 categories with the most votes will go forward to the 2024/2025 GB season along with the Tophe/In Memoriam GB

I'll leave it open until the afternoon of Wednesday 10th April (UK Time) so get voting.

Thank you in advance for your participation.

Chris

Thanks again for organising this, Chris.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

scooter

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Weaver

Voted, and three wasn't easy: real hard getting it down from five.

Well done and thanks Chris: you're playing a Tu-22... ;)
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

sandiego89

Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

scooter

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

kerick

Story goes that campaign workers would check the cemeteries for people who have died recently whose names would still be on the voting roles and fill out absentee ballots in their names.
Tophe the Wise

Old Wombat

Thanks for the effort, Chris! :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

I managed two votes but couldn't find anything else that piqued my interest enough to even remotely tempt me away from the few builds I hope to get to work on this year.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

seadude

If the Polar Wars GB makes it as one of the final choices, then I may just enter that GB.
Yeah, I know in the past I've probably said I'd enter a GB.............but then I didn't.
But this time, it could be different.  :rolleyes:
I'll just have to wait and see.
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

kerick

I voted for the Bad Idea topic so I'll have to put some thought into that. Maybe extrapolate the mixed jet/prop combos into something bigger and sillier.
Tophe the Wise