RW 1964 Daytona Cobra

Started by PR19_Kit, April 11, 2024, 09:26:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

Quote from: Rick Lowe on April 24, 2024, 02:57:00 PMAll the other kits out in the Wild are probably either stockpiled as Investments, or 'one day...' builds.
See that the real annoying part..I want one
.or the body of one and then proceed to go nuts on it..turn it into a modern version..wide body with F1 wheels ..nicely stylish wings but keeping the beautiful lines of the car .
Wide body but not stupid wide ..ive already got the vision in my head  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Gondor

Quote from: Wardukw on April 21, 2024, 10:04:42 PMimages by Phill Harrison, on Flickr

This reminds me of an episode from "The Saint", with a young Rodger Moore where someone was trying to knobble a racing car which was a frame with a shell on it. There was supposed to be something special about the frame that was supposed to make it a racewinner.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

zenrat

I've got a couple of Gunze-Sangyo kits in the stash.
A '48 Ford convertible which has a very underscale Cammer engine as an option, and a Beetle which can be built either stock or as a front engined Hemi powered drag car.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Wardukw on April 24, 2024, 03:50:14 PMWide body but not stupid wide ..ive already got the vision in my head  ;D

Shelby built one a bit like that later on. It had a longer wheelbase and a larger bonnet bulge to clear the 351's intakes.

It sold for ZILLIONS at some auction in the US a couple of years go.  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 25, 2024, 05:11:56 AM
Quote from: Wardukw on April 24, 2024, 03:50:14 PMWide body but not stupid wide ..ive already got the vision in my head  ;D

Shelby built one a bit like that later on. It had a longer wheelbase and a larger bonnet bulge to clear the 351's intakes.

Anything genuine Shelby is ouch but a one off ultra rare Shelby..super ouch ...hell Shelbys own Cobra sold for like 14 mill US a wee while back ..could have been more ..so don't quote me  ;D
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Wardukw on April 25, 2024, 12:02:03 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 25, 2024, 05:11:56 AM

Anything genuine Shelby is ouch but a one off ultra rare Shelby..super ouch ...hell Shelbys own Cobra sold for like 14 mill US a wee while back ..could have been more ..so don't quote me  ;D

It's all about the cachet of the Name - doesn't matter if it looks like a brick, goes like an asthmatic turtle, or steers like a cow; someone will be willing to pay silly money for it. :rolleyes:

PR19_Kit

Luckily, or through good engineering, the Daytona did none of those things and blew the doors off the competing Ferraris.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Rick Lowe

PR19_Kit

Enzo was apparently MOST upset, and it was the start of the rot for Ferrari as far as Le Mans was concerned.

Last year, 2023, was the first time they'd won since 1965!  :o

Regards
Kit

Rick Lowe

Wow, that's a bit of a drought.

Rheged

Quote from: Rick Lowe on April 27, 2024, 04:52:03 AMWow, that's a bit of a drought.

May I refer you to the Bentley Motors  advert in the Times in late June 2003.

After winning the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 1924, 1927, 1928, 1929 and 1930, Bentley Motors withdrew to allow  others to win.  We have  returned in 2003 to remind the motoring public  that we are still the masters of Le Mans.  We will once more  withdraw for a while.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rheged on April 27, 2024, 05:11:16 AMWe have  returned in 2003 to remind the motoring public  that we are still the masters of Le Mans. 

And did they ever! I've got a slot racing Bentley Speed 8, but it's not as quick (relatively....) as the real thing sadly, but it looks great!  ;D

Regards
Kit

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Rheged on April 27, 2024, 05:11:16 AM
Quote from: Rick Lowe on April 27, 2024, 04:52:03 AMWow, that's a bit of a drought.

After winning the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 1924, 1927, 1928, 1929 and 1930, Bentley Motors withdrew to allow  others to win.  We have  returned in 2003 to remind the motoring public  that we are still the masters of Le Mans.  We will once more  withdraw for a while.

Nice.  ;D  :thumbsup:

Wardukw

Quote from: Rick Lowe on April 27, 2024, 01:41:42 PM
Quote from: Rheged on April 27, 2024, 05:11:16 AM

Nice.  ;D  :thumbsup:
Tail between the legs sort of deal huh Bentley? 🤔  ;D