Griffon-engined Hawker Fury - if at first you don't succeed.....

Started by kitbasher, April 14, 2024, 12:05:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loupgarou

Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

The Rat

Quote from: jcf on April 14, 2024, 04:34:11 PM'We haven't built ugly aeroplanes at this company and we're certainly not starting now.'

Hotspur and Henley challenge that assertion.
;D

I don't think that they win with their challenge, but they certainly aren't attractive. The fuselage bomb bay makes them look like an obese Hurricane.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

PR19_Kit

Quote from: The Rat on April 16, 2024, 10:27:21 AMbut they certainly aren't attractive. The fuselage bomb bay makes them look like an obese Hurricane.

IIRC that's exactly what the Hotspur and Henley were.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitbasher

Thanks Chris and Mark
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter