Royal Air Force fourth V' Bomber

Started by MikoLee, April 14, 2024, 02:57:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerick

Quote from: Beermonster58 on April 29, 2024, 08:27:29 PMActually, reading this discussion has made me dust off my own Italeri XB-70 kit. It's now in the pending pile! ;D . I've built two previously. It takes a bit of effort but, I don't mind that and, it's certainly a very impressive looking model once built. None of the assembly issues are insurmountable and, for those that like to whine about the kit, you should try the old Contrail 1/72 vac form kit. Building the Italeri kit was a piece of cake by comparison! ;)  ;D

Will it have British markings? That will mess with some people!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Beermonster58 on April 29, 2024, 08:27:29 PM...........you should try the old Contrail 1/72 vac form kit. Building the Italeri kit was a piece of cake by comparison! ;)  ;D

No, you shouldn't, that way lies total madness! I got a Contrail one ages ago and the vertical parts of the fuselage were so thin you really COULD see through them!

The rest of the kit kept me in thin styrene sheet for further Whiffery for some time though.............  ;D

I've got an Italeri/AMT one in The Loft still, part built, and it's a MONSTER, but a very impressive one. Just as its RW counterpart, which I saw at the USAF Museum in the 90s once, an awe inspiring moment for sure.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Beermonster58

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 29, 2024, 11:19:22 PM
Quote from: Beermonster58 on April 29, 2024, 08:27:29 PM...........you should try the old Contrail 1/72 vac form kit. Building the Italeri kit was a piece of cake by comparison! ;)  ;D

No, you shouldn't, that way lies total madness! I got a Contrail one ages ago and the vertical parts of the fuselage were so thin you really COULD see through them!

The rest of the kit kept me in thin styrene sheet for further Whiffery for some time though.............  ;D

I've got an Italeri/AMT one in The Loft still, part built, and it's a MONSTER, but a very impressive one. Just as its RW counterpart, which I saw at the USAF Museum in the 90s once, an awe inspiring moment for sure.

;D  ;D  :thumbsup:  I like the Italeri kit despite its shortcomings. On a related note, I've built at least six of the Revell (ex Matchbox) Victors and, as many of the old Airfix Vulcan kits over the years. I don't think either kit is nearly as bad either as people insist. I've also built both the Formaplane and Rareplanes Vulcan and, the Rareplanes Victor B.2.  Their injection moulded equivalents were a CINCH in comparison and, that's even allowing for the Rareplanes kits probably being the best vacforms around ;D  ;D
Hates rivet counters! Eats JMNs for breakfast!

The Wooksta!

Having assembled 3 of the Matchbox victors, as well as 6 old tool Vulcans and the Mach Poo Valiant in a similar timeframe, the Victor is easily the worst of the three.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Beermonster58

Quote from: The Wooksta! on April 30, 2024, 02:58:31 AMHaving assembled 3 of the Matchbox victors, as well as 6 old tool Vulcans and the Mach Poo Valiant in a similar timeframe, the Victor is easily the worst of the three.
Well, "worst" is a very subjective term isn't it. As it happens, I disagree with your assessment of the Victor so, we'll have to agree to differ on that one.
Hates rivet counters! Eats JMNs for breakfast!