Title to follow

Started by The Wooksta!, April 19, 2024, 01:33:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

One of this year's key builds, along with the Silbervogel and the Hanneubu, this is the Junkers Ju 390.  The most expensive kit I've yet bought (although the 1/1 scale Dalek I was considering some years back was double), it's also decidedly big.

You cannot view this attachment.

The box lid.  The pen marks are rough sizes. I'm already thinking ahead to how to store it.

The contents.  Those are some hefty castings.

The main components. I've done some cleanup by this stage.

The two fuselage halves.  Examining the interior, you can see where they've chopped up their Ju 290 kit to create the master.  All you get for an interior is the cockpit.  Seems a bit cheap, but you'd likely see did all through the very small windows.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

Castings look neat Lee, but given it's Planet they're probably hefty as well. I like Planet must admit  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Solid wings?! That's got to weigh a ton! :o  :o  :o
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Martin H

We will need re-enforced tabels for the sig stand when this beast is ready to show.  :mellow:  :thumbsup:
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

The Wooksta!

I'm hoping to have basic construction done by next weekend and it at least in primer by the Northern show.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

NARSES2

Quote from: The Wooksta! on April 20, 2024, 12:20:29 PMI'm hoping to have basic construction done by next weekend and it at least in primer by the Northern show.

That'll be interesting to see  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

The timetable may shift with the HS 1103 on the table, not to mention all the sanding on the Hanneubu.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

The Wooksta!

Having had to assemble a 1/1 greenhouse today - and it's not yet finished - the timetable has shifted somewhat...

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Scotaidh

Quote from: The Wooksta! on April 23, 2024, 10:46:25 AMHaving had to assemble a 1/1 greenhouse today - and it's not yet finished - the timetable has shifted somewhat...

Ooh - those can be tricky, especially the mouldings around the clear bits ... Are they ogee or ogival?  Masking is a royal pain too, so be careful.

:smiley:  ;D  ;D
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

Wardukw

I'm seriously looking forward to this..I so love myself a very large plane and this one if that category beautifully 😍
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Nick

Quote from: The Wooksta! on April 23, 2024, 10:46:25 AMHaving had to assemble a 1/1 greenhouse today - and it's not yet finished - the timetable has shifted somewhat...

I know that feeling. Got home last night and Mum presented me with a pair of boxes  "Could you put these up please?"

So I spent an hour putting together a pair of garden towers for her sweetpeas to grow up.

The Wooksta!

As a consequence of said greenhouse malarkey, I now have a BFO box in which to store and transport said beastie.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

The Wooksta!

Spent some of yesterday doing some more on this.  The portholes are all drilled out and I took the opportunity to drill some pin holes in the wing roots to strengthen it.  Drilled the fuselage/wing roots, dry fitted the wings in the slot and then drilled into the wings from the inside.

The cockpit can be fitted once the fuselage is assembled, but the bulkhead is too far forward when compared to Revell's 290, and it needs trimming too, whilst the seats are awful.  I was to start cleaning up the props, only to find that the spinners look way too small.  I am out of Italeri Ju 188s to steal the props from.

For a kit that was decidedly expensive and with Planet's reputation, it is somewhat disappointing.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Gondor

Quote from: The Wooksta! on May 03, 2024, 04:05:42 AMI was to start cleaning up the props, only to find that the spinners look way too small.  I am out of Italeri Ju 188s to steal the props from.

I could well have a pair of them spare. Would you want the Spinners as well as the props?

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....