1/35 T-62 Target representation Leopard. "Finished"

Started by The Chaos, April 25, 2024, 10:24:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Chaos

God Evening,
My build for the 60er GB.
A convertet T-62 Tank as a West German Leopard for Target representation. In NVA Service.
As Base the Tamiya Kit
I make today the uper Hull with new Wells from Miniart and began the Sideskirts.

Gondor

Nice to see that kit being used as something other than what it was supposed to be as it isn't accurate as a T-62. Not sure I will get any further with the part corrected one I have somewhere in the stash or if I will find a more up-to-date and accurate one.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

jcf

NVA service, simulating an Australian Leopard?
😉

Wardukw

Quote from: Gondor on April 25, 2024, 10:45:04 AMNice to see that kit being used as something other than what it was supposed to be as it isn't accurate as a T-62. Not sure I will get any further with the part corrected one I have somewhere in the stash or if I will find a more up-to-date and accurate one.

Gondor
Alistair I'm pretty sure that Trumpeters family of T-62 kits are a good representation of the tank.
Trumpeter also had quite a few versions to choose from and they nice to build.. had a few..wouldn't mind more 😏
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

rickshaw

Quote from: jcf on April 25, 2024, 02:42:19 PMNVA service, simulating an Australian Leopard?
😉

Funny you should mention that.  The Australian Army went the other way, converting a Leopard to represent a T-54/54 MBT to act as a target identification vehicle.

How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

The Chaos

Update.
The first sideskirt

Thanks Guys and
Quote from: jcf on April 25, 2024, 02:42:19 PMNVA service, simulating an Australian Leopard?
😉

No Australain, Eas Germann. NVA = Nationale Volks Arme in German.

jcf

Quote from: The Chaos on April 28, 2024, 11:23:07 PMUpdate.
The first sideskirt

Thanks Guys and
😉

No Australain, Eas Germann. NVA = Nationale Volks Arme in German.
OK, not the North Vietnamese Army. 
;)

The Chaos

Wardukw

I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

The Chaos

Update ad parts on the hull and the turret.

Wardukw

Love the storage frame on the back of the turret ..very nice work so far 👌

The Chaos

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

The Chaos

Gondor