DONE@p.5 +++ 1:6 Rei Ayanami in Plugsuit [Evangelion dojinshi/同人誌/what-if]

Started by Dizzyfugu, April 28, 2024, 02:29:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

Again, not much progress in the meantime, and still "stuck" in the basic painting before I start to add effects. Did some red on the arms, and I am still pondering whether I should add some color to the lower legs or not? The all-white status does not look bad, and the shoes will receive come black trim, just like Rei's original plugsuit? Also uncertain about more blue on the arms, esp. under them, as an extension of the very dark blue armpits, similar to the flanks?

Dizzyfugu

Some visual evidence concerning the slow progress: arms were dry-fitted for the picture, and there's visually a lot going on on the figure. However, with this status I have decided to just add some blue stripes to the shanks' flanks, because I feel that some color is required in the lower regions to bakance the rather "loud" upper body - and it would copy the similar stripes on the arms. Print of the A.I.-generated inspirational picture added for reference.  :mellow:

Neon Genesis Evangelion +++ 1:6 Rei Ayanami in Plugsuit [what-if/dojinshi/同人誌/based on A.I. generated artwork] - WiP
by Dizzyfugu, on Flickr

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 15, 2024, 06:12:02 AMReally coming along Dizzy  :thumbsup:

Thank you, but don't look too closely (yet). It's all still pretty rough as I try to find the basic "livery". But things look ...interesting!  ;D

Steel Penguin

the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Wardukw

If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Dizzyfugu

Thank you, gentlebeings, glad you like the project and what happens, it's a good motivation for me these days.

Some more small steps from yesterday evening: blue stripes for the lower legs, as mentioned above, and this turned out to be a good addition because it visually stretches the legs. I also added blue to the "NACA ducts" on the knees, because I already used a similar solution on the upper arms. While this apparently is not in line with the A.I. design I think it also helps to visuall balance the complete suit.

A black ink washing to emphasize edges, folds and other details approaching.

Neon Genesis Evangelion +++ 1:6 Rei Ayanami in Plugsuit [what-if/dojinshi/同人誌/based on A.I. generated artwork] - WiP
by Dizzyfugu, on Flickr

by Dizzyfugu, on Flickr

Dizzyfugu

Nothing new to show, but I did a black ink washing session and now slowly try to gather my mojo to start paint corrections and shading on the plugsuit, and the hair will also receive a "halo" with lighter blue streaks to add some (more) artificial light effects.

Old Wombat

It's a real pity they didn't get the kit to look like the illustration. :-\

The stance, the face & the lines of the suit look so much better. :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Dizzyfugu

Well, the kit is a recast, and while the plugsuit matches the "real" all-white one from the anime/manga, the face is really horrible and does not reflect the character at all.
The A.I. illu/CG I used as an inspiration was/is totally unrelated to this, though, just an extrapolation of a quite exhaustive prompt with reference to the iconic anime character - and while the result looks "more realistic" I find that the figures character or spirit is still there, despite the colorful suit and the realistic face. My build is an interpretation of both, and I think that changing the head position so that the figure looks forward, together with the arm positions, will look good - and a bit more self-confident and outgoing than the original character, but that's fine because the face and the expression is so much different, too. We'll see how things turn out, there's still a lot of detail work to do.

Dizzyfugu

Again not much to show yet, but the shading process made progress (with the blues and the red), and the hair got its "halo" treatment" (still WiP).

Neon Genesis Evangelion +++ 1:6 Rei Ayanami in Plugsuit [what-if/dojinshi/同人誌/based on A.I. generated artwork] - WiP by Dizzyfugu, on Flickr

Because I use gloss enamels and these take so long to cure between the work stages I also started in parallel an new aircraft build that made tremendous progress during the last days, despite being a major kitbashing... But the A.I. Rei figure will be finished first.

Dizzyfugu

Once more not muchnew to show (yet), but work makes progress in the form of detail painting and the many and quite long thin black lines between the red and white areas, esp. on the lower body - done with generic 2mm black decal stripes. Delicate task, but looks very good so far.  :lol:

NARSES2

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on May 23, 2024, 06:03:41 AM- done with generic 2mm black decal stripes. Delicate task, but looks very good so far.  :lol:

I admire your patience sir  :thumbsup:

I always struggle with generic decal stripes, they tend to break up/shatter once in the water  :-\
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

I love the stuff - so many good uses, ranging from WWII Invasion Stripes (much better than any painting effort!) to fashion, as in this case.  ;)