DONE@p.5 +++ 1:6 Rei Ayanami in Plugsuit [Evangelion dojinshi/同人誌/what-if]

Started by Dizzyfugu, April 28, 2024, 02:29:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

Steel Penguin

the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

PR19_Kit

Pretty darn good work there Thomas,  some VERY precise dal application!  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kerick

Just a WOW build all along! Ten times better than I could ever do!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

Bloody amazing detail painting T man ...so smooth and in total agreement with Ken..I could hope to paint that good 👍 😀
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Dizzyfugu

Thanks a lot for your feedback and the motivation that comes with it. In the meantime I also experimented with a small add-on: there's a pair of "lenses" on the plugsuit's chest (no idea about their function, though), and while the kit comes with (opaque) resin parts for them I want to replace them with an upgrade: many moons ago I procured a sheet with pearl and crystal stickers (for mecha kits), and want to use a pair of these pearlescent bits - but with some (green) color to add contrast and somewhat emulate the A.I. graphic that inspired the build. Made some experiments with water-based translucent paint and Humbrol 209 (Flourescent Green, which is rather a thick and soupy translucent goo with some green pigments). The more intense Humbrol sample (2nd in the foreground) appears to be the winner:

Neon Genesis Evangelion +++ 1:6 Rei Ayanami in Plugsuit [what-if/dojinshi/同人誌/based on A.I. generated artwork] - WiP
by Dizzyfugu, on Flickr

And, in the meantime, varnish stage approaching, and I pray that there's no unexpected reaction...  :angel:

Neon Genesis Evangelion +++ 1:6 Rei Ayanami in Plugsuit [what-if/dojinshi/同人誌/based on A.I. generated artwork] - WiP
by Dizzyfugu, on Flickr

Dizzyfugu

More news: the face mask could finally be removed - and while this is not much like the "real/anime" Rei Ayanami, it strangely matches the more the more naturalistic face from the A.I. rendition? Could have turned out worse, I guess.  :angel:

by Dizzyfugu, on Flickr

by Dizzyfugu, on Flickr

NARSES2

This is looking the business  :bow:  :bow:

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on May 23, 2024, 07:56:47 AMI love the stuff - so many good uses, ranging from WWII Invasion Stripes (much better than any painting effort!) to fashion, as in this case.  ;)

Which brand of Decal Stripe do you use Thomas ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 24, 2024, 06:11:37 AMThis is looking the business  :bow:  :bow:

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on May 23, 2024, 07:56:47 AMI love the stuff - so many good uses, ranging from WWII Invasion Stripes (much better than any painting effort!) to fashion, as in this case.  ;)

Which brand of Decal Stripe do you use Thomas ?

I use stuff from a German company called TL Modellbau. They originally come from H0 scale stuff for model railroads (esp. trucks), but added some military decals as well as a range of generic material (sheets, stripes, letters/numbers) that is really good. I love it, because it's so versatile.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

Good news. I did not want to take any risk, so I used a virgin matt varnish rattle can, and it worked well. With a uniform finish the figure looks very good now. Final step is to mount the head, which landed on the bench again after the "hair helmet" loosened from the face insert, and I fixed that on the final straight with a literal white glue injection, applied with a syringe into the small gap between the already painted and varnished parts. Phew... But everyting comes together nicely, even the pale blue hair works well together with the colorful and bright suit.  :lol:

Curious about scenic shots now, but that might, again, take some time to materialize.  :angel:

Wardukw

If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .