WW2 North Africa figures out of the old bits and bobs box

Started by Joe C-P, April 30, 2024, 03:19:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe C-P

I don't really have a name for this.
Our local, the Central NJ IPMS, had its most recent theme a Figures.  I'm not generally a figures builder, but did have a box of old 1/35 figures and parts from the WW2 North Africa campaign.  I pulled them out, found a base, put together some accessories, and arranged them in a diorama.

"A jolly polite interrogation" perhaps?
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

NARSES2

I like that  :thumbsup:

One or two sugars Herr Major ?  ;D  (sorry but I can't make the service or rank out. It's my eyes you know  :banghead: )
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Joe C-P

I can't either and I have the models!   :o  ;D 

How about this title? "Rommel should have wondered why the belly dancer had a 5 o'clock shadow before he accepted that drink on the house."
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

NARSES2

Quote from: Joe C-P on May 02, 2024, 11:27:07 AMI can't either and I have the models!   :o  ;D 

How about this title? "Rommel should have wondered why the belly dancer had a 5 o'clock shadow before he accepted that drink on the house."

;D  ;D  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Interrogating officer - banging floor with cane between words for emphasis.  "Where.  Are.  Your.  Shorts. The rules of war are explicit on this.  All participants in desert warfare MUST wear shorts.  And knee socks.  Knee socks as well.  Lift your trousers cuffs man,  Show me your socks..."
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Rheged

Quote from: zenrat on May 03, 2024, 06:37:50 AMInterrogating officer - banging floor with cane between words for emphasis.  "Where.  Are.  Your.  Shorts. The rules of war are explicit on this.  All participants in desert warfare MUST wear shorts.  And knee socks.  Knee socks as well.  Lift your trousers cuffs man,  Show me your socks..."

You may well have hit on the real reason for the Eighth Army's eventual success.  Invincible British-type knobbly knees and improbably unfashionable shorts.

The Goons could have made a whole half hour radio show out of this fact.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Old Wombat

Quote from: Rheged on May 03, 2024, 08:19:43 AM
Quote from: zenrat on May 03, 2024, 06:37:50 AMInterrogating officer - banging floor with cane between words for emphasis.  "Where.  Are.  Your.  Shorts. The rules of war are explicit on this.  All participants in desert warfare MUST wear shorts.  And knee socks.  Knee socks as well.  Lift your trousers cuffs man,  Show me your socks..."

You may well have hit on the real reason for the Eighth Army's eventual success.  Invincible British-type knobbly knees and improbably unfashionable shorts.

The Goons could have made a whole half hour radio show out of this fact.

I'm pretty sure they did ... Or, at least, mentioned them in passing.

Finding the books is problematic but I'm also fairly sure Spike drew a sketch of how shorts were worn in North Africa (along with shirt collars, gaiters, helmets, etc.) which was published in either Monty or Rommel?
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on May 03, 2024, 10:06:46 AMFinding the books is problematic but I'm also fairly sure Spike drew a sketch of how shorts were worn in North Africa (along with shirt collars, gaiters, helmets, etc.) which was published in either Monty or Rommel?

Need to see if I can dig my copies out.