Royal Australian Marines Vickers Medium Tank Mk.II*

Started by Old Wombat, May 01, 2024, 08:48:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

After a day of fixing air gaps around doors (Helps stop the cold gettin' in don'cha know!) & a bit of gardening, I've done some paint work (including fixing the minimal over-spray issues). :thumbsup:

Tomorrow will probably involve some more gardening, as the weather is drier & warmer (by 2-or-3o) than it has been for weeks, but then I'll get back to the painting. :thumbsup:

SWMBO has been informed that the last week of my leave will be dedicated to building models, & she didn't argue the point because the weather is going back to cold(er) & damp, & she's going back to work (from the study :rolleyes: ). ;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on July 23, 2024, 06:54:37 AM, & she didn't argue the point because the weather is going back to cold(er) & damp, & she's going back to work (from the study :rolleyes: ). ;D

You on tea/coffee making duites ?  ;D

Hope you get your week, whenever I say something similar fate rings on the doorbell  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 24, 2024, 06:09:21 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on July 23, 2024, 06:54:37 AM, & she didn't argue the point because the weather is going back to cold(er) & damp, & she's going back to work (from the study :rolleyes: ). ;D

You on tea/coffee making duites ?  ;D

Hope you get your week, whenever I say something similar fate rings on the doorbell  :angel:

Usually, although she goes back to work on Monday, which gives her plenty of time to find something for me to do that I don't want to do. :rolleyes:

&

Tell me about it! :banghead:

Managed to get another set of parts painted & glued a few bits on tonight. :thumbsup:

We'll see what happens tomorrow.

Old Wombat

Couple more camo colours on the track guards & front "splash" guard, plus a couple of fix-ups of the hull paint job = more (if slow) progress! :thumbsup:

Old Wombat

One colour left, would have been done except I stuffed up on the second-last colour (British Light Stone) & had to patch up a couple of bits, which are still drying.

Should get it done tomorrow & get the masking off (& see what needs re-touching there, too).

Hopefully, I'll be able to post a test fit photo or two tomorrow night.

After that; decals, gloss coat, washes, matt coat, weathering, & the tracks! :o

Wardukw

Quote from: Old Wombat on July 28, 2024, 09:31:13 AMOne colour left, would have been done except I stuffed up on the second-last colour (British Light Stone) & had to patch up a couple of bits, which are still drying.

Should get it done tomorrow & get the masking off (& see what needs re-touching there, too).

Hopefully, I'll be able to post a test fit photo or two tomorrow night.

After that; decals, gloss coat, washes, matt coat, weathering, & the tracks! :o
;D  ;D
So it's pretty close to the finish line huh 🤔 😅
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Old Wombat

Old Wombat

So, someone mentioned photo's? :unsure:

Well, here they are! No touch-ups or PhotoShopping, just as it came when the masking was removed (Please excuse the crappy photography);

(Click for larger images)

Painted bits waiting to be fitted (tracks excluded).

The headlights were one of those AMS moments, as they were originally just solid plastic but I drilled them out & put clear plastic lenses in (& still need some touch-ups around the lenses).

The Vickers guns next to them are little works of styrene art!

zenrat

Nice.
 :thumbsup:

There's something about inter war armour.  I'm going to have a look at whiffing my Trumpeter T-35.  Even more turrets may be required...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

buzzbomb

Old Wombat

Thanks, Fred & BT! :bow:  :bow:

I like the scheme, too, but I'm still tossing up whether to outline the colours in dark grey. I know some people think that I should, however, the more I look at it the less convinced I become for this pattern. For the more usual pattern I intend using on my 1920 Pattern Rolls-Royce armoured car, yes, on this, I don't think so (even if it would make hiding the paint bleeds easier).

NARSES2

Looking stunning  :bow:  :bow:

Quote from: Old Wombat on July 29, 2024, 07:18:32 AMI like the scheme, too, but I'm still tossing up whether to outline the colours in dark grey. I know some people think that I should, however, the more I look at it the less convinced I become for this pattern. For the more usual pattern I intend using on my 1920 Pattern Rolls-Royce armoured car, yes, on this, I don't think so (even if it would make hiding the paint bleeds easier).

Personally I'd leave it as is. An outline would almost "overwhelm" the actual scheme in my view, but then it's your model  :thumbsup:

Quote from: zenrat on July 29, 2024, 04:34:25 AMThere's something about inter war armour.

There is  :thumbsup:  I particularly like some of the French armour of the late 30's, especially those with cast hulls and turrets. Plus there are a fair few available in 1/72 now.

Some of them now are actually within my scope as they have one piece tracks such as this one for instance

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/FTF111?result-token=gOfqW
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Thank you, Chris! :bow:

Well, I've fixed the paint bleeds & there won't be a need for any outlines.

I've, also, fitted one idler wheel & am waiting (until tomorrow) to do the other, as I need to clamp/jam(b?) certain parts in place while the glue does its thing.

Wardukw

Man that's a ton of paint work there Guy and mate it's a lovely piece of work . ;D

I'm in agreement with Chris and I'm glad there's no need for the black out lines..it would indeed overwhelm the rest of your hard work .

This is gonna look fantastic when it's done  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Old Wombat

Thanks, Phill! :bow:

And, yes, it is a ton of paintwork! :blink:

I really hope it's going to be worth the effort! :angel: