Royal Australian Marines Vickers Medium Tank Mk.II*

Started by Old Wombat, May 01, 2024, 08:48:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Did the touch-ups around he headlight lenses tonight, finished putting on the return rollers (they're actually adjustable, at the moment, which will help with fitting the tracks later), painted a piece that I missed earlier (luckily it was the same colour (brown) as the headlights) & started painting the exhaust.

Tomorrow, I'll probably finish painting the exhaust & will start putting the track links together (they're indy links but not "workable", which will make life a bit easier) into various lengths before painting them.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Old Wombat

Tracks made into lengths (2 per side) & painted black. Waiting for them to dry, so any further work will have to wait for the morning.

Decals/Transfers will be next, though. There aren't many to do, as I'm following the British pattern to some extent (2 x vehicle numbers & 2 x registration numbers) but, again, a job for the morning.

After that a gloss coat & a start on the weathering.

Wardukw

It's the tedious stuff now but it's gonna be worth it for sure  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Old Wombat

I actually enjoy weathering ... & that's the problem, I have to remember to stop*! ;D  ;)  :thumbsup:

[*: No, not "when to stop". Just "Stop."]

Wardukw

Quote from: Old Wombat on August 04, 2024, 03:47:21 AMI actually enjoy weathering ... & that's the problem, I have to remember to stop*! ;D  ;)  :thumbsup:

[*: No, not "when to stop". Just "Stop."]
😆 🤣 😂
Same problem here to ..when is to much to much or to little or worst yet ..just right..it's the not knowing mate  :banghead:  ;D
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Old Wombat

Did some weathering today & added some mud ... possibly a bit too much, but I can live with it.

Leaving the washes to dry for a few days (primarily because I'm back at work on day shifts for the next few days & I never feel like modelling after having to get up early), then I'll put a matt coat over it & take to it with various weathering powders.

After that I'll see if I think anything else needs doing.

I, also, need to purchase a TC & a driver for the Mk.II*, & commander for my RR armoured car (with rimless helmets, not berets, the RAMs were smarter than that).

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Old Wombat on August 13, 2024, 04:25:10 AMI, also, need to purchase a TC & a driver for the Mk.II*, & commander for my RR armoured car (with rimless helmets, not berets, the RAMs were smarter than that).

Dispatch Rider or Brit Para Heads?

Looks good, looking forward to the finished article!  :thumbsup:

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

scooter

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Old Wombat

A bit more weathering done yesterday & sealed. More needs to be done. :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

Old Wombat

I've done it again - OD'ed on the weathering. :banghead:

And I lost a headlight! :(

Oh, well, life goes on. :rolleyes:

Just a bit of work on the tracks, then she should start coming together for final assembly ... We'll see what I can stuff up there. :unsure:

Wardukw

Quote from: Old Wombat on August 19, 2024, 07:45:10 AMI've done it again - OD'ed on the weathering. :banghead:

And I lost a headlight! :(

Oh, well, life goes on. :rolleyes:

Just a bit of work on the tracks, then she should start coming together for final assembly ... We'll see what I can stuff up there. :unsure:
Oh been there ..done that far to many times mate...I always seem to OD the weathering even tho I try not to.
Sometimes I feel like I'm loosing my touch with weathering armour .