Royal Australian Marines Vickers Medium Tank Mk.II*

Started by Old Wombat, May 01, 2024, 08:48:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Thank you, Kit! :bow:

I don't agree, mind, but that's OK, because I can see where various techniques work, & where they don't & something else might be better. ;)

It's a "learning curve" thing. :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

scooter

Quote from: Old Wombat on September 11, 2024, 08:26:40 AM

Now, which smarty-pants' can tell me their ranks?  :wacko:

Pictures aren't perfect, but, then, nor are the figures.

Unless your RAM Armo(u)red Corps is different, scrambled egg on a visor usually indicates (at least in the US DoD) a field grade officer - Major -> Colonel
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

buzzbomb

Quote from: Old Wombat on September 11, 2024, 08:26:40 AMRemember these guys? :unsure:
Now, which smarty-pants' can tell me their ranks?  :wacko:

Pictures aren't perfect, but, then, nor are the figures.
Very nice job for the figures. I think you have a great technique. They are not going head to head with figure figures, if you get what I mean. Perfect for setting off a vehicle.

Oh, my take, you have a Major and a Brigadier. Red Staff band indicates staff level officer and the crown and three pips gives you a Brigadier. Coming from a guy who was the Brigadiers Operator at one stage of the Army career.
Getting the red in the crown is spectacular work.

I would hazard that the garnish on the cap brim is the Navy crossover for Marines.

Old Wombat

Thank you, gentlemen! :bow:  :bow:

You were on the right path, scoot, but BT's right on the money for the officers! :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Major commanding H(eadquarters) Company, 1st Platoon, Vehicle 1 & the Brigadier-General Commanding the RAM Armoured Corps.

A couple of months earlier the Major was a Lieutenant & the Brigadier was a Colonel, but this is set in 1937/38 during the rapid expansion of the RAM's in anticipation of the coming war in Europe.

Now, what about the other two? (They are more difficult to see.) ;)

Wardukw

I'd be happy as hell if my figures looked half that good mate 😉 👍
Lovely stuff  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Thank you gentlemen, too! :bow:  :bow:  :bow:

I suppose that although I'm very happy with my builds, including figures, I am also slightly driven to constantly improve my skill set.
So, I can see the faults but mostly as opportunities to reflect on what tried-&-true or new techniques I could use to fix them.

Wardukw

Our own worst critics Womby..that's never going to change 😆
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Old Wombat

Quote from: Wardukw on September 12, 2024, 11:27:36 AMOur own worst critics Womby..that's never going to change 😆

As long as I'm giving myself constructive criticism, I don't have a problem with that. ;)

Wardukw

Quote from: Old Wombat on September 12, 2024, 06:54:27 PM
Quote from: Wardukw on September 12, 2024, 11:27:36 AMOur own worst critics Womby..that's never going to change 😆

As long as I'm giving myself constructive criticism, I don't have a problem with that. ;)
Onwards and upwards matey  ;D
I've got 10 1/16th figures to paint and I figure that by the time I get to the tenth one I'll be better at figure painting 😆

Rick Lowe

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup: Looking good there.
The second figure looks like he's heard something which is about to make him go "Draw, Sport!"  Or maybe he's spotted a snake/cassowary/some other inimical Aussie Life Form ;D

zenrat

Quote from: Wardukw on September 12, 2024, 10:04:55 PM
Quote from: Old Wombat on September 12, 2024, 06:54:27 PM

Onwards and upwards matey  ;D
I've got 10 1/16th figures to paint and I figure that by the time I get to the tenth one I'll be better at figure painting 😆

Or totally sick of it.

I am part way through rigging a 1/96 clipper ship and I am damn sure when I am finished I will never want to rig something this size ever again.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Quote from: zenrat on September 13, 2024, 03:53:30 AMI am part way through rigging a 1/96 clipper ship and I am damn sure when I am finished I will never want to rig something this size ever again.

The Sea Witch being a bitch, mate? :unsure: