Royal Australian Marines Vickers Medium Tank Mk.II*

Started by Old Wombat, May 01, 2024, 08:48:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Oh, well, as no-one seems to care about the enlisted men ..... :-\

We have a corporal (the driver) & a sergeant (the RR armoured car* commander).

[*: Yet to be built. Will probably start after the model expo.]
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

scooter

Quote from: Old Wombat on September 13, 2024, 08:34:11 AMOh, well, as no-one seems to care about the enlisted men ..... :-\

EMs never get any love.  Unless they're secret squirrel operators with really good PR teams.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Wardukw

Quote from: zenrat on September 13, 2024, 03:53:30 AM
Quote from: Wardukw on September 12, 2024, 10:04:55 PM
Quote from: Old Wombat on September 12, 2024, 06:54:27 PM
Quote from: Wardukw on September 12, 2024, 11:27:36 AMOur own worst critics Womby..that's never going to change 😆

As long as I'm giving myself constructive criticism, I don't have a problem with that. ;)
Onwards and upwards matey  ;D
I've got 10 1/16th figures to paint and I figure that by the time I get to the tenth one I'll be better at figure painting 😆

Or totally sick of it.

I am part way through rigging a 1/96 clipper ship and I am damn sure when I am finished I will never want to rig something this size ever again.

I feel for ya mate..really do..been there to many times ..done that five or six times including a Billings Boats HMS Victory which I built for my dad .
Strangely I kinda enjoy it yet I'm not into ships  :o
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Rick Lowe

Quote from: zenrat on September 13, 2024, 03:53:30 AMI am part way through rigging a 1/96 clipper ship and I am damn sure when I am finished I will never want to rig something this size ever again.

I have rigged exactly One (1) Tall Ship (and fixed it after a Transport Mishap); that will be the One and Only!

NARSES2

Quote from: Rick Lowe on September 14, 2024, 08:11:25 PM
Quote from: zenrat on September 13, 2024, 03:53:30 AMI am part way through rigging a 1/96 clipper ship and I am damn sure when I am finished I will never want to rig something this size ever again.

I have rigged exactly One (1) Tall Ship (and fixed it after a Transport Mishap); that will be the One and Only!

I still have nightmares over the old Airfix HMS Victory and that rubberised rigging and climbing nets  :blink: Never again.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 15, 2024, 01:29:14 AM
Quote from: Rick Lowe on September 14, 2024, 08:11:25 PM

I still have nightmares over the old Airfix HMS Victory and that rubberised rigging and climbing nets  :blink: Never again.
I still remember the first one Chris which I'm honestly surprised about..it's was a Monogram Cutty Sark ..with plastic rigging and sails .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Old Wombat

This is why my one rigged ship (1/350 Cutty Sark) won't be ... rigged, that is.

I have plans for a small superstructure & a funnel. ;D

Old Wombat

I have managed to install the driver & I'm working on the TC/Coy CO.

Both have had to be modified to fit & the Major had to be cut in half (he wouldn't fit through the cupola otherwise).

Unfortunately, when re-attaching him, the glue did dastardly things & I've had to perform minor surgery to fix some daggy bits it created, & do some touch-up painting.

Have to do a base for him to stand on inside the turret now & all will be done.

Wardukw

Well isn't that a bugga...buts normal...turret hatches which are to scale but not the figures  :banghead:
It's like tankers. In those days were very short and very slim and alot of tanker model figures ain't.
It's very annoying 😑

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Old Wombat on September 15, 2024, 08:02:08 AMThis is why my one rigged ship (1/350 Cutty Sark) won't be ... rigged, that is.

I found these invaluable:

https://www.bnamodelworld.com/model-ships-boats-detail-up-parts-alliance-model-works-a-nw35045

Wardukw

Quote from: Old Wombat on September 15, 2024, 08:02:08 AMThis is why my one rigged ship (1/350 Cutty Sark) won't be ... rigged, that is.

I like the sound of that ☺️
Maybe paddle wheels  :wacko:  :wacko:

Old Wombat

Quote from: Wardukw on September 15, 2024, 12:29:32 PMWell isn't that a bugga...buts normal...turret hatches which are to scale but not the figures  :banghead:
It's like tankers. In those days were very short and very slim and alot of tanker model figures ain't.
It's very annoying 😑

The biggest issue is that plastic tankers aren't as flexible as flesh tankers.

A flesh tanker could have raised his arms up & squeezed through the hatchway, at least up to his waste (after that various bits of webbing would get in the way).

Besides, access into & out fo the Mk.II was via the rear door (right next to the fuel tank). ;)

Old Wombat

Quote from: Rick Lowe on September 15, 2024, 10:00:58 PM

https://www.bnamodelworld.com/model-ships-boats-detail-up-parts-alliance-model-works-a-nw35045

No, I don't think that's enough help for the one I've got.

The rigging, masts & sails are all pretty crappy. Even the hull has "wood effect" moulded into it, which will require filling & sanding to get looking half-decent. :banghead:

Wardukw

Quote from: Old Wombat on September 16, 2024, 12:51:05 AM

The rigging, masts & sails are all pretty crappy. Even the hull has "wood effect" moulded into it, which will require filling & sanding to get looking half-decent. :banghead:
That wouldn't be the Academy Cutty Sark by chance?

Old Wombat

Quote from: Wardukw on September 16, 2024, 03:07:30 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on September 16, 2024, 12:51:05 AM

That wouldn't be the Academy Cutty Sark by chance?

Standby, I'll check ..... Yes, it is! Well done, that man! :thumbsup:

Luckily I never had any intention of building it as a sailing ship, but who in their right mind would put "wood effect" on a 1/350 sailing ship? :unsure:

Seriously, those "wood grain" features are probably about 0.5mm wide, that converts to about 175mm / 7" !!! :o