Fairey Tinydyne.

Started by zenrat, May 05, 2024, 03:59:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandiego89

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 28, 2024, 09:55:14 AM
Quote from: zenrat on May 28, 2024, 05:02:32 AMPegasus, not Olympus.  There is a Hasegawa Harrier fuselage buried in there under a LOT of filler.

Corrected above.

And of course the Mk2 with the twin Pegasus (Pegusi?)  with the vectoring nozzles.

But still LOTS of grunt!  :thumbsup:
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

McColm

I've built the contra-rotating main rotors on one of my builds and on another started build I've used the wings from the Boeing V-22 Osprey with the tilt engines.

The roll-on-roll-off version

The Airfix Mil-24D front end, Boeing V-22 Osprey; wings, engines and tail fins. A work in progress.

The stack is a modified EH-101 Merlin and the wings are from an A-10A.  The engines from an A-10A work well with the Rotodyne.

I thought that I would include this build for inspiration

Captain Canada

Lot's of cool stuff on this build thread ! Cheers guys.

The Tinydyne is really coming along !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Rick Lowe

Just wondering, rather than trying to get neat scribed lines for the various doors & hatches, would printing them be a viable alternative?
It works for airliners, but then they are in a much smaller scale.

Just a thought.

PR19_Kit

I've done decal doors and windows in 1/72 before, and it works pretty well too.

Just don't look TOO closely.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 03, 2024, 01:14:12 AMI've done decal doors and windows in 1/72 before, and it works pretty well too.

Just don't look TOO closely.

Sounds like the (long overdue) Scottish ferry, the Glen Sannox.   It was launched to suit political convenience and had the windows painted on the hull instead of properly installed

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-65807663
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

zenrat

Good thinking Rick.  I'll bear that in mind.

More PSR today.

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Rick Lowe

Quote from: zenrat on June 03, 2024, 03:46:13 AMGood thinking Rick.  I'll bear that in mind.

More PSR today.

Happy if I have helped.  :thumbsup:

Scotaidh

Quote from: Rick Lowe on June 02, 2024, 08:21:38 PMJust wondering, rather than trying to get neat scribed lines for the various doors & hatches, would printing them be a viable alternative?
It works for airliners, but then they are in a much smaller scale.

Just a thought.

Unless you're really set on the idea of panel lines, I really wouldn't bother for something that small. 
1/72 is 1" = 6', yes?  That's my preferred scale, so ... I once held a model at arm's length to look at the panel lines I'd put on, with much labor and effort to get the effing things straight, with a propelling pencil  ... I couldn't see any of them, really.
So unless you've got panel lines an inch wide, they're not really going to be visible. 
I have one bare-metal finish model in the display case (I hate that finish) and to show panel lines I used various different silver paints - but they're not hard-edged, really - just patches of different silver that lead your eye from one place to another ...
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

zenrat

Only a door will get scribed because otherwise some smart ares will say "you filled the door, so how do they get in...mehh mehhhhh meh meh...".

Fred

NARSES2

Quote from: Scotaidh on June 08, 2024, 04:36:08 AMUnless you're really set on the idea of panel lines, I really wouldn't bother for something that small. 
1/72 is 1" = 6', yes?  That's my preferred scale, so ... I once held a model at arm's length to look at the panel lines I'd put on, with much labor and effort to get the effing things straight, with a propelling pencil  ... I couldn't see any of them, really.

My excuse has always been that if you stand 72' away from a real aircraft you can't see them, so 1' away from a model in 1/72, why bother ?

Laziness I know and the fact that every time I tried I screwed them up, but now my Doctor would stand up in court and defend me  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rick Lowe

Quote from: zenrat on June 08, 2024, 05:30:21 AMOnly a door will get scribed because otherwise some smart ares will say "you filled the door, so how do they get in...mehh mehhhhh meh meh...".

'What, you mean the ambulatory 1/72 plastic people? Where can I get some of those?' :banghead:  :banghead:

zenrat

Quote from: Rick Lowe on June 08, 2024, 01:56:21 PM
Quote from: zenrat on June 08, 2024, 05:30:21 AMOnly a door will get scribed because otherwise some smart ares will say "you filled the door, so how do they get in...mehh mehhhhh meh meh...".

'What, you mean the ambulatory 1/72 plastic people? Where can I get some of those?' :banghead:  :banghead:

No, 1:1 (or close to it) people of uncertain ambulatory ability but with joyless tendencies.  You don't want them.  They are like fleas - buggers to get rid of without fumigating the model room...

Done nothing to this.  Had no time between trying to get two builds finished for the 60's GB and preparing for Expo and starting a new one week build.
Fred

Rick Lowe

Quote from: zenrat on June 09, 2024, 05:56:57 AM
Quote from: Rick Lowe on June 08, 2024, 01:56:21 PM

No, 1:1 (or close to it) people of uncertain ambulatory ability but with joyless tendencies.  You don't want them.  They are like fleas - buggers to get rid of without fumigating the model room...

Sorry, to clarify - that was meant to be a snarky reply to use on those alleged modellers...

and as has been said elsewhere 'Take off and nuke the site from orbit...'