Fairey Tinydyne.

Started by zenrat, May 05, 2024, 03:59:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on June 25, 2024, 03:43:16 AMOh that is exactly what happens.  I type something, preview it, and then instead of posting it go back to the list of unread posts.
But there is no way i'm going to admit to doing that if I can blame a mysterious conspiracy.  Or Chris.   ;D

Now why doesn't that surprise me  ;)  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rick Lowe

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 25, 2024, 05:15:30 AM
Quote from: zenrat on June 25, 2024, 03:43:16 AMOh that is exactly what happens.  I type something, preview it, and then instead of posting it go back to the list of unread posts.
But there is no way i'm going to admit to doing that if I can blame a mysterious conspiracy.  Or Chris.  ;D

Now why doesn't that surprise me  ;)  ;D

Mods always seem get it in the neck... you have our sympathies, though, for what they're worth. (That and Five Quid will get you a Coffee... ;) ) :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Quote from: Rick Lowe on June 25, 2024, 03:42:01 PM.. you have our sympathies, though, for what they're worth. (That and Five Quid will get you a Coffee... ;) ) :thumbsup:

£3-85 where I go  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

scooter

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 26, 2024, 05:09:08 AM
Quote from: Rick Lowe on June 25, 2024, 03:42:01 PM.. you have our sympathies, though, for what they're worth. (That and Five Quid will get you a Coffee... ;) ) :thumbsup:

£3-85 where I go  ;)

2 pounds 37 where I get mine.  Although, it's 6 pounds 20 when I add a sausage, egg, and cheese bagel for second breakfast
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Rick Lowe

Quote from: scooter on June 26, 2024, 05:34:55 AM

£3-85 where I go  ;)

2 pounds 37 where I get mine.  Although, it's 6 pounds 20 when I add a sausage, egg, and cheese bagel for second breakfast

A Man after my own coronary... wait, that should read 'Heart'...  ;D

$6+ these days here - and that's at the Petrol Station; it's more at the cafes... the prices we're prepared to pay for our fixes... and it's more expensive per litre/gallon than petrol.  :o

NARSES2

£3-85 where I go  ;)

So we've started a race to the floor have we ?  ;D  ;)

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 27, 2024, 12:58:34 AM

£3-85 where I go  ;)

So we've started a race to the floor have we ?  ;D  ;)

When you get there, look down.  I'll be in the gutter waiting for you all.

I've put what I hope will be the last of the filler on the fuselage.  Trying to find time to sand it.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

zenrat

Quote from: zenrat on June 27, 2024, 04:07:29 AM...I've put what I hope will be the last of the filler on the fuselage.  Trying to find time to sand it.

Well I was wrong.  It needed a skerrick more.  Did that, sanded it and primed and NOW I think the fuse PSR is done.  Next i shall polish the windows until they are clear.
I have already begun sanding the wings and have glued the nacelle halves.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

PR19_Kit

What's a 'skerrick' then?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

"Skerrick is a noun that means the least bit or trace, chiefly used in Australia. "

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/skerrick

Fred

PR19_Kit

You learn something new every day, thanks Fred.  :thumbsup:

I may try that out while shopping soon, that'll stump them here in the Forest.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Quote from: zenrat on July 03, 2024, 05:12:00 AM"Skerrick is a noun that means the least bit or trace, chiefly used in Australia. "

Less than a smidgen..............possibly a faint trace..............   Ain't language wonderful!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 03, 2024, 08:20:50 AMYou learn something new every day, thanks Fred.  :thumbsup:

I may try that out while shopping soon, that'll stump them here in the Forest.  ;D

Verry drole Kit
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

buzzbomb

Quote from: zenrat on July 03, 2024, 05:12:00 AM"Skerrick is a noun that means the least bit or trace, chiefly used in Australia. "

I dare not use that other Australianism for a very small measurement then  :-X  that would get me cancelled  ;)

scooter

Quote from: buzzbomb on July 03, 2024, 03:31:35 PM

I dare not use that other Australianism for a very small measurement then  :-X  that would get me cancelled  ;)
Would that be the unit of measure as designated by the width of a certain type of hair?
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng