One Week Build 2024 - General Discussion.

Started by NARSES2, May 14, 2024, 05:26:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Quote from: Gondor on May 19, 2024, 12:53:36 PMKeep
It
Stupidly
Simple

Theoretically I agree with this, but empirically, every time I've done a KISS build for the 1WkGB it's been an also-ran, but every time I've done something stupidly ambitious it's either won or at least been highly praised, so... I'm always torn these days. Totally right about simple paint schemes though: no amount of ambition will make paint dry faster...
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Old Wombat

From Mrs Wombat: Thank you all for your kind wishes!

So far, not so bad, although the oncologist says the middle of week two (after the third chemo round) will be the worst.

There is quite a long list of rather unpleasant potential side-effects but they don't expect her to really suffer from any of them, although her kidneys have been playing up a bit since late yesterday (it's either that or "wind", which is a listed side effect).

Funny you should mention a fear of needles, H. ;)

Mrs Wombat is very nervous of them & always has been (hence the immoral support of yours-truly). However, this is exacerbated by actual autonomic, post-traumatic responses (she's had a few very bad experiences in hospitals which have left both physical & mental scars), as opposed to a mere somatic "fear" of needles. So, next Friday, they'll be using an ultra-sound scan to guide in the canula for the infusions because her veins kept running away last Friday.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Please pass my best wishes onto Mrs W Guy  :thumbsup: A mate of mine is currently going through it and, touching all the wood possible, is making very good progress.  :thumbsup:  Look after yourself as well mate
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

All appropriate things crossed for Mrs Womby and positive thoughts directed West.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Wardukw

Hoping for the absolute best for you and your far better half Womby mate .

I might give this a 1wgb a blast .I've got a simple built in mind which wouldn't be hard at all .
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

NARSES2

Quote from: Wardukw on May 21, 2024, 06:38:30 PMI might give this a 1wgb a blast .I've got a simple built in mind which wouldn't be hard at all .

Do you know just how many people have said that in the past ?  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 22, 2024, 12:10:40 AM
Quote from: Wardukw on May 21, 2024, 06:38:30 PMI might give this a 1wgb a blast .I've got a simple built in mind which wouldn't be hard at all .

Do you know just how many people have said that in the past ?  :angel:
Oh I bet Chris it's more than a dozen  ;D
The build in me head is super simple really..fact I could the entire model in less than a day easily and the vehicle is pretty damn easy anyway so yeah I think it'd be doable  <_<
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

It's the paint job that usually causes over-runs mate.
I was toying with the idea of something Vietnam era in SEA camo for this but I doubt i'd pull off three colour camo and the underside in a week.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Wardukw

Quote from: zenrat on May 22, 2024, 03:49:52 AMIt's the paint job that usually causes over-runs mate.
I was toying with the idea of something Vietnam era in SEA camo for this but I doubt i'd pull off three colour camo and the underside in a week.

No doubt about the painting..always the slowest part for sure ..especially aircraft..even a simple paint scheme isn't fast ..an armoured vehicle though has the edge there..one colour most times..the weathering can be the biggest problem..how far to go with it ..I don't like new  ;D
My vehicle is chosen..the annoying part is the turret..ive got 3 at this point to choose from ..nope 4  :banghead:  ;D

jcf

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 19, 2024, 04:13:10 AM
Quote from: zenrat on May 18, 2024, 06:28:11 AMHmmm, what to build.  It needs to be a kit with exemplary fit whiffed in a way which will avoid much PSR, and painted in a simple scheme.

I'm going for something straight out of the box
Maybe I'll just do a box.
:angel:

NARSES2

Quote from: Wardukw on May 22, 2024, 11:46:08 AM..the weathering can be the biggest problem..how far to go with it ..I don't like new  ;D

I'm useless at weathering so my models are always finished as if for "Sovereign/President's" Parade  ;)

kerick

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 23, 2024, 06:38:26 AM
Quote from: Wardukw on May 22, 2024, 11:46:08 AM..the weathering can be the biggest problem..how far to go with it ..I don't like new  ;D

I'm useless at weathering so my models are always finished as if for "Sovereign/President's" Parade  ;)

Just park them in the motor pool. If they are dirty someone will be yelling at the crew to get it to the wash rack asap!

That could make an interesting diorama......
Tank on a wash rack getting hosed down with a Sargent Major glaring at the crew!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

kitbasher

One week to go to the start - have you decided what to build, yet?
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

Mossie

Nope.  ;)

I've got six ideas and at least four have been on number one spot in the last week.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.