Started by buzzbomb, May 21, 2024, 03:31:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buzzbomb

Australian Model Expo 2024
8-10 June 24, Sandown Entertainment Centre, Springvale
https://www.modelexpo.com.au/

Best in Show last year.

kerick

That's awesome!  Definitely a "Wish I had thought of that!" build.
But I think it's the wrong shade of blue for that time period!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Rick Lowe

Nice.  :thumbsup:

I like the bubbles from the divers, a cool little detail that could have been missed.
I'm not sure, but doesn't the break in the fuselage look a bit neat and clean? :unsure:

NARSES2

That is good, I particular like the figure work on the divers, exceptional to my mind  :bow:

Thanks for posting
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

I'll be there all day Monday.  Swamp and Smell followed by mooching around the main hall.
Selection process of models to take has begun.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

scooter

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Rick Lowe

Some interesting stuff there. Thanks for sharing, Fred. :thumbsup:

Old Wombat

I watched a YouTube video yesterday from The Tank Museum (Bovington), which mentions exactly this event.

I can't remember where in the video, but it's somewhere in here (it's a good video anyway & worth watching in its entirety):

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Rick Lowe

Yeah, that diorama in particular caught my attention...

Interesting video too, thanks.

NARSES2

Some terrific stuff there, cheers Fred  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

buzzbomb

Well done Fred, my photo count was almost zero, too much back room organising business.

By way of a few stats around the show. From the entrants to the competition portion 770 models were entered, that meant that 770 had to be put through the judging process, so well done to those volunteers that turned up for that. Along with the competition models there were 21 Local and interstate clubs, each with a swag of models on display, so no idea of the actual number of models on display, certainly well over a 1000.
Best club display - D-Day. This award is chosen by a public choice vote system.

From one of our own..... Zenrat's First placing in Light Commercials and Trucks

Best of Show for 2024. Totally immaculate '49 Mercury Wagon

NARSES2

Glad it went well  :thumbsup:  People forget the amount of effort that goes into organising these things - started on next years yet  ;) ? - so well done  :thumbsup:

And well done to Fred for that first place  :thumbsup:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: buzzbomb on June 15, 2024, 04:06:59 PMFrom one of our own..... Zenrat's First placing in Light Commercials and Trucks

ALRIGHT!  :thumbsup:

Well done Fred, a magic result for all that work.

And the Merc wagon looks superb, a car being voted 'Best in Show' says something for sure.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit