DONE +++ 1:72 Douglas SA-4B "Skyhawk", Spanish Naval Air Arm (Armada), 1968

Started by Dizzyfugu, June 02, 2024, 12:10:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Good job Dizz.
 :thumbsup:
I've got a couple of Skyhawks in the stash.  I should build them.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

Thank you. I am also amazed how many Skyhawks have been piling up here recently: the Uruguayan one, then the A-4L and now this Spanish beauty. And there's at least another one on my agenda, even though it will be a major conversion project.

Gondor

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on June 06, 2024, 05:49:17 AMThank you. I am also amazed how many Skyhawks have been piling up here recently: the Uruguayan one, then the A-4L and now this Spanish beauty. And there's at least another one on my agenda, even though it will be a major conversion project.

Will that be a twin-engined version then?

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Wardukw

Quote from: Gondor on June 06, 2024, 01:23:12 PM
Quote from: Dizzyfugu on June 06, 2024, 05:49:17 AMThank you. I am also amazed how many Skyhawks have been piling up here recently: the Uruguayan one, then the A-4L and now this Spanish beauty. And there's at least another one on my agenda, even though it will be a major conversion project.

Gondor
Gondor mate I fully intend to do that exact same thing..but in 32nd scale   :wacko:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Dizzyfugu

Gondor

Yes, but that's only a part of the very thorough conversion plan.  :mellow:

Gondor

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on June 06, 2024, 11:52:59 PM

Gondor

Yes, but that's only a part of the very thorough conversion plan.  :mellow:

Ah, so bits of a Skyhawk will be involved.

I have plans to build an aircraft which involves parts from three donor kits and I imagine that what you are going to do is similar.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Gondor on June 07, 2024, 01:46:19 AMAh, so bits of a Skyhawk will be involved.

I have plans to build an aircraft which involves parts from three donor kits and I imagine that what you are going to do is similar.

Gondor

My project is actually a recreation of something I bashed together when I was MUCH younger. Now, being wiser and more skillful, I want to replicate the core concept (also based on three major donor sources, but probably with a lot of other extras) with some improvements. For instance, the original build had the landing gear from a F-104(!) that retracted into the fuselage with a very narrow and low stance - this can certainly be improved!

Gondor