a Tiger Moth looking like a Tiger Moth

Started by Paper Kosmonaut, June 03, 2024, 11:50:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paper Kosmonaut

I have often wondered, before I got into paper models, why I never saw a Tiger Moth flying with the actual 'livery' of a tiger moth. The Arctia Caja, that is. The actual moth. Because they have awesome colour schemes. I looked one up and transferred the photo on to the paper model.
This is what it ended up looking and I love it.
[EDIT] it's the first time I use the new drag and drop photos option, I hope you all can see the 7 pics I added.

dei t dut mout t waiten!

chrisonord

The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

loupgarou

Fantastic, both the colours AND the build!  :thumbsup:
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

2996 Victor

Outstanding work, and what an astonishing finish! The real moth's colours make incredibly good aircraft camouflage on the upper surfaces. Amazing!  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup: What's next? How about a Puss Moth?

Cheers,
Mark
Mark's workbench:
Spitfire Mk.I Vichy North Africa - Eduard 1/48
Spitfire PR.XIX Rearward-cockpit - Airfix 1/48
Boulton Paul Valiant Mk.I PR - Airfix 1/48

Paper Kosmonaut

Thank you all for the kind words. Glad you like it!

Quote from: zenrat on June 04, 2024, 03:01:49 AMExcellent.  :thumbsup:  You going to rig it?
Hi Fred, If you mean hang it on a wire, then it's no. (-: But I do have plans for a spinning mobile with WW1 planes. I want to use newspaper headlines and articles from 1914-1918 to be on the planes' fuselages and wings, and hang it all from a zeppelin as in an ever whirling dogfight. But I do need a higher ceiling than I have now...
dei t dut mout t waiten!

zenrat

Quote from: Paper Kosmonaut on June 04, 2024, 11:35:17 AMThank you all for the kind words. Glad you like it!

Quote from: zenrat on June 04, 2024, 03:01:49 AMExcellent.  :thumbsup:  You going to rig it?
Hi Fred, If you mean hang it on a wire, then it's no. (-: But I do have plans for a spinning mobile with WW1 planes. I want to use newspaper headlines and articles from 1914-1918 to be on the planes' fuselages and wings, and hang it all from a zeppelin as in an ever whirling dogfight. But I do need a higher ceiling than I have now...

That sounds good,  but I meant were you going to add all the wires between the wings.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Paper Kosmonaut

Quote from: zenrat on June 05, 2024, 04:42:55 AMThat sounds good,  but I meant were you going to add all the wires between the wings.

Oh that! Aha. Well, I only recently learned about elastic wire you can use for rigging. But these models are a little delicate. It takes some experience to get the tension right, I think, and if it's not well-centered, I think the tension can pull the little struts out of position. They are only fastened with a tiny drop of PVA. But I could try it in a bigger future model.
dei t dut mout t waiten!

Wardukw

Bloody hell that's impressive ...that paint I'd amazing..best looking Tiger Moth I've ever seen ... :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

stevehed

Rick Lowe