IPMS East Sussex Model Show 6th July

Started by NARSES2, June 05, 2024, 05:39:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

IPMS East Sussex Model Show

As this is on a Saturday, I'm musing on getting the train down. Just over the hour from Croydon so an easy day out by the seasside, and a break from the mayhem of the media two days after the General Election  :angel:

Hailsham and District Scale Model Club
Eastbourne Sports Park
Cross Levels Way BN21 2UF

The nearest station would appear to be Hampden Park, no not in Glasgow, rather than Eastbourne it'self, so we shall see nearer the event as there could still be rail strikes.  :-\

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Nick

That looks good to me. If the trains are running I could take it easy down there and have a few beers afterwards.

It's a 20 minute stroll from Hampden Park station to the venue, or a 25 minute bus ride from Eastbourne station.

Gondor

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 05, 2024, 05:39:55 AMThe nearest station would appear to be Hampden Park, no not in Glasgow, rather than Eastbourne it'self, so we shall see nearer the event as there could still be rail strikes.  :-\

Hampden Park in Glasgow doesn't have its own train station anyway. The nearest is Mount Florida which is the station that TSRJoe uses.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

NARSES2

Quote from: Gondor on June 06, 2024, 05:23:27 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on June 05, 2024, 05:39:55 AMThe nearest station would appear to be Hampden Park, no not in Glasgow, rather than Eastbourne it'self, so we shall see nearer the event as there could still be rail strikes.  :-\

Hampden Park in Glasgow doesn't have its own train station anyway. The nearest is Mount Florida which is the station that TSRJoe uses.

Gondor

That really surprised me the one and only time I went to Hampden Park (Glasgow). Being a Londoner I just expected it to have.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: Nick on June 06, 2024, 03:34:16 AMThat looks good to me. If the trains are running I could take it easy down there and have a few beers afterwards.

It's a 20 minute stroll from Hampden Park station to the venue, or a 25 minute bus ride from Eastbourne station.

Sounds good Nick, I'd meet you at Victoria  :thumbsup:  Wait and see re possible train strikes. They have to give two weeks notice, so we'll know by 22nd June

Gondor

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 07, 2024, 03:23:44 AMThat really surprised me the one and only time I went to Hampden Park (Glasgow). Being a Londoner I just expected it to have.

Being a Londoner you are spoilt for choice. You have, Underground, Overground, Busses and Trams, usually no more than a five-minute walk from wherever you are and then there is always TAXI!

And who didn't start singing the Wombles?  :wacko:

Gondor

My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Gondor on June 07, 2024, 05:55:07 AMAnd who didn't start singing the Wombles?  :wacko:

Gondor

Me! - But thanks for that ear worm...  :banghead:

Nick

Turns out that my club will have a table there so that's a double reason for me to attend.

NARSES2

NARSES2

Won't be making this now, a few things have cropped up, and no, not just the football.

Nick

Doubt I'll be making it there myself either. Cost of petrol and it's a long drive for a one day show.
Plus I spent a fair fortune on my holiday to IoM.