Main Menu

General Discussion

Started by NARSES2, June 05, 2024, 06:54:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

I've been having thoughts about my entry into this GB .
A push/pull P-51 Mustang is a go for certain but my issues were (notice were  ;D ) the landing gear.
It's going to be a racer but because of the engines layout the landing gear would need to be tricycle with no room for the front leg.
Then I had a bitchin thought..floats 😁
It's going to be a twin-engined P-51D racing float plane 😆😆
I'm really excited about this now 😀🤥🤪
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Wardukw

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 24, 2024, 04:40:44 AM
Quote from: Charlie_c67 on June 23, 2024, 02:54:06 PM
Quote from: Weaver on June 23, 2024, 10:49:39 AM
Quote from: Charlie_c67 on June 23, 2024, 10:38:51 AM
Quote from: Weaver on June 23, 2024, 08:16:17 AMI've been looking for a civil aircraft registration prefix code of "T" or "TO", but it seems there isn't one... :banghead:

Might have to make up a whole country here...

The island of Tophu maybe?  ;)

Where they're very peaceful and placid due to their exclusive diet of soy, maybe?  :wacko:

And only reachable by seaplane.

Twin boomed seaplane too!

That's pretty much my build right there Kit  ;D
Well it is now 😆
I've been mulling over the booms for this thing and I've decided to use P-38 booms because I've got plenty of those with many thanks to Scotaidh for all the bits he didn't want anymore  :thumbsup:
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

kerick

I've got a P-38 in a drawer and Tophe definitely liked the P-38. A shorter biplane wing on one side and an extra long wing on the other .......
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Weaver

I was stuck on this one because every idea I had, for the kits I've got, was either a too-easy cop-out or too difficult. However, I may have just founds the sweet spot... :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Wardukw

Quote from: Weaver on June 25, 2024, 02:53:56 PMI was stuck on this one because every idea I had, for the kits I've got, was either a too-easy cop-out or too difficult. However, I may have just founds the sweet spot... :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:
😉😁😁😁
I'm liking this  :wacko:

sandiego89

Quote from: Weaver on June 25, 2024, 02:53:56 PMI was stuck on this one because every idea I had, for the kits I've got, was either a too-easy cop-out or too difficult. However, I may have just founds the sweet spot... :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:

I agree! I had a few ideas on both sides of this spectrum.  Many of Tophe's drawings were quite unique in layout/configuration, but actually quite simple in execution- that sweet spot.     
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

kerick

I just had a great idea! A P-38 with radial engines and with a change in the tail set up to make it asymmetrical. Paint it in some sort of civilian markings for aerial photo work.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

loupgarou

Nobody has yet started a build topic, announcing his/her/its ideas, as is usually done. It's not allowed this time, or is a shyness crisis?
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Wardukw

Quote from: loupgarou on June 28, 2024, 02:02:26 PMNobody has yet started a build topic, announcing his/her/its ideas, as is usually done. It's not allowed this time, or is a shyness crisis?

Lou the GB doesn't start for another 2 days by my calendar 😊
I'll post my build the day this GB starts and I'll hunt down where some bits I need are  :thumbsup:

loupgarou

Quote from: Wardukw on June 28, 2024, 06:51:08 PM
Quote from: loupgarou on June 28, 2024, 02:02:26 PMNobody has yet started a build topic, announcing his/her/its ideas, as is usually done. It's not allowed this time, or is a shyness crisis?

I'll post my build the day this GB starts and I'll hunt down where some bits I need are  :thumbsup:

Of course, but often memebers start topics as "pace keepers" in advance, therefore my question.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 07, 2024, 04:13:36 AMThe ruddy Carpet Monster NEVER takes a day off, does it?

I sorted out both kits I wanted for the Memorial GB, and opened one of them to check it was really as wonderful as I thought when I first built one, and it was. But the clear parts were in a small plastic bag of their own. But can I find that bag now that I've got all the main bits back in the main bag?

NO!  :banghead:

The ruddy CM had it for lunch I know!

It may not be a problem, as I could invoke one of Tophe's mainstays and make it asymmetrical.  ;D

I FOUND IT!  :thumbsup:

Perhaps the CM had too much Whiffery and sicked it back up again?  ;D

Anyway, now I'll HAVE to build some asymmetry  into it properly, but that won't be difficult, just make one wing longer than the other.  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: loupgarou on June 28, 2024, 11:39:16 PM
Quote from: Wardukw on June 28, 2024, 06:51:08 PM

Of course, but often memebers start topics as "pace keepers" in advance, therefore my question.

Absolutely right, we normally have a couple of place markers up by now. Probably so much going on at the moment that people haven't got around to it. I'll unlock the Finished Builds thread on Monday so it's ready for Dizzy
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

McColm

Deciding what to build,  do I stick with a tried and tested twin boom Avro Shackleton or Lockheed Neptune. The over ambitious Lockheed C-130 Floatplane configuration which uses the Consolidated Catalina as the two floats under the wings or the kitbash using the de Havilland Sea Vixen and another jet fighter/bomber of a similar period of time. Or car kit with the boom on the back acting as a spoiler. A rummage in my depleted spare parts boxes might come up with something along the lines of the kitbash.

No nothing found in the spares, so far.  So August looks like the starting date for me.

Weaver

Still assembling the bits for my primary project: want to make sure I can definitely do it before I announce something that ends up never seeing the light of day AGAIN!  :rolleyes:

Also, it's the Coventry Show tomorrow, so I, and I suspect quite a few other UK members, are giving priority to getting all our stuff ready for that.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Weaver on June 29, 2024, 03:23:17 AMAlso, it's the Coventry Show tomorrow, so I, and I suspect quite a few other UK members, are giving priority to getting all our stuff ready for that.

I might be thinking about doing that sort of stuff after lunch time.  ;D

I just have to load my monster stock cardboard boxes in the car actually.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit