Main Menu

General Discussion

Started by NARSES2, June 05, 2024, 06:54:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerick

Tophe did have a lot of sketches and drawings out on the net. If AI is learning from these and taking it literally the aviation industry may be in trouble!  :wacko:
More fun for us, for now.........

I do have several of the old Monogram A1-E 1/72nd scale Skyraiders in a drawer. I was thinking of making one into a biplane with a spare set of wings. Kind of like a Beech Staggerwing. Now a round nose on the Skyraider fuselage and two engines between the wings along with some asymmetrical mods might be interesting. At least that giant canopy will allow for several passengers for the tour company that uses an old airstrip on Guadalcanal. I can't start it now as I'm neck deep in the junkyard dog and about to leave for a ten day trip with wife and friends to a lake in Arkansas. We'll see what happens when I get back.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Rick Lowe

Had a thought; has anyone mentioned this Tribute Group Build to their respective families?

kerick

Don't know but good question. I think it would be a good idea.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Robomog

Quote from: kerick on August 13, 2024, 07:19:51 PMTophe did have a lot of sketches and drawings out on the net. If AI is learning from these and taking it literally the aviation industry may be in trouble!  :wacko:

;D  ;D  ;D  :o

That I would like to see, AI design is so off the wall at the moment  :rolleyes:

Mog
>^-.-^<

Mostly harmless ...............

kerick

Well I'm back home and had a great time. Now I might just look into that Skyraider biplane idea.
Tophe the Wise

Rick Lowe

Quote from: kerick on August 25, 2024, 09:03:27 AMWell I'm back home and had a great time. Now I might just look into that Skyraider biplane idea.

Good. And Go, Man, Go! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.  :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Joe C-P

Quote from: kerick on August 13, 2024, 07:19:51 PMTophe did have a lot of sketches and drawings out on the net. If AI is learning from these and taking it literally the aviation industry may be in trouble!  :wacko:

I do have several of the old Monogram A1-E 1/72nd scale Skyraiders in a drawer. I was thinking of making one into a biplane with a spare set of wings. Kind of like a Beech Staggerwing. Now a round nose on the Skyraider fuselage and two engines between the wings along with some asymmetrical mods might be interesting. At least that giant canopy will allow for several passengers for the tour company that uses an old airstrip on Guadalcanal. I can't start it now as I'm neck deep in the junkyard dog and about to leave for a ten day trip with wife and friends to a lake in Arkansas. We'll see what happens when I get back.

Just skip sleeping for a few days!  I want to see this!
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

jcf

Kind of Beech Model 24-ish with the top wings affixed to the top of the canopy?
You cannot view this attachment.

Or what heck, go all in and make it a reverse sequiplane staggerwing with the upper wing shorter in span than
the bottom. Reverse sesquiplane SIAI S.21 racer.

kerick

Never heard of the Beech 24 before! Looks perfect, thanks!
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..