Main Menu

General Discussion

Started by NARSES2, June 05, 2024, 06:54:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

This is the area for your general chit chat and discussion regarding the In Memorian GB
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kerick

Some of Tophe's imaginations. There are probably more but searched and found these quickly. The bottom one is the best with lots of his profiles and such.

https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=33710.1800

https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=4461.0

https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=20326.0

Some of his connections to other sites are 404 not found so get what you can quickly.

I sure do miss him and Kitnut.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

One if Tophes ideas for the P-51 really took me with excitement in its design..so much so I copied his pictures to save em for a later date ...after so many of his pics are now 404s I'm very glad I did 😊

If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

NARSES2

I've two ideas. one for each of the departed gents.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

McColm

I have an idea that includes both which could lead to three different builds under the same title. This means buying three of the same kits.

NARSES2

Quote from: McColm on June 06, 2024, 01:01:12 AMI have an idea that includes both which could lead to three different builds under the same title. This means buying three of the same kits.

That is very similar to what Tophe use to do with his 3D drawings  :thumbsup:

zenrat

Unfortunately it seems that most of Robert's pictures have fallen victim to Boto Phucket and are not viewable.
If anyone knows otherwise or has examples saved elsewhere then please post links in this thread.

I've previously built two Tophe builds.  The first was inspired by one of his drawings...
Tophe - P82-51C5_ae cropped by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Mitsuberican KP5146 Bitang - 8 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

...and the second was because of his love of both F-16s and P-51s.
TF-1651 Falcstang 04 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

The Mustang winged Falcon hangs above my desk watching everything I do there...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Mossie

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 06, 2024, 12:51:30 AMI've two ideas. one for each of the departed gents.

I've got a single build in mind that they both would have appreciated, although is more heavily based around Robert's interests.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Mossie

Quote from: zenrat on June 06, 2024, 06:15:05 AMUnfortunately it seems that most of Robert's pictures have fallen victim to Boto Phucket and are not viewable.
If anyone knows otherwise or has examples saved elsewhere then please post links in this thread.

Here's a few posted below, all found on Secret Projects (as you could upload direct without image hosting).  Others I can remember include:

A turboprop Sunderland.

Quad tilt rotor based on a well known image, using a C-160 as a base with 1/48 V-22 engines.

Avro Atlantic (airliner with Vulcan wings).

Beagle Basset with astazou engines and grass camo scheme for very low level ops.

Enlarged Merlin helicopter, similar in size to Sikorsky S-92.

DH.101 scaled up Sabre engined Mosquito, he postulated a lot on this but never quite figured out how to go about it.

Avro Nottingham (Lincoln floatplane)
You cannot view this attachment.

RR Mustang FTB mid engined Mustang variants

Sidetrack F-35

XP-86 (straight wing F-86)

Centreline thrust MiG-29 based push-pull (this pic shows a few other models with a good overview of his interests):
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

kerick

Over on BTS they are running a Swords to Plowshares GB. Something Tophe would have liked as most of his were of that sort. I don't think the dates overlap much but it would have been great if they had. It might be a good source of ideas.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

PR19_Kit

The ruddy Carpet Monster NEVER takes a day off, does it?

I sorted out both kits I wanted for the Memorial GB, and opened one of them to check it was really as wonderful as I thought when I first built one, and it was. But the clear parts were in a small plastic bag of their own. But can I find that bag now that I've got all the main bits back in the main bag?

NO!  :banghead:

The ruddy CM had it for lunch I know!

It may not be a problem, as I could invoke one of Tophe's mainstays and make it asymmetrical.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Robomog

I had the honour of turning one of Tophes drawings into 3D Plastic.

It started like this

url=https://flic.kr/p/2k8mAUy][/url]by Robomog, on Flickr

And became this

by Robomog, on Flickr

by Robomog, on Flickr

by Robomog, on Flickr

url=https://flic.kr/p/2kQCLbq][/url]by Robomog, on Flickr

by Robomog, on Flickr

I dropped the ramjets in favour of tandem merlin but the original idea was his.

Tophe then went on to take one of the flying shots and created a Twinvertistang.

Sadly the links to the pic have gone.

Mog
>^-.-^<
Mostly harmless ...............

jcf

Anybody who is also on BTS can go to Tophe's huge profiles topic, 42 pages:
Tophe's Slanting Views

He was also very active over there for quite awhile so there's a shedload of other
topics and the majority of the images were direct upload so they're still there.

The attachments folder of BTS contains 45 pages containing 1,101 images posted
by Tophe.

In Robert's case there's 96 pages totalling 2,386 images in posts by Robert, on multiple
subjects with some repeats, a lot of the photos are of his various in work, completed or
previously done projects. There's also 118 topics that he started.

On What-If the attachments file has 105 pages containing 2,603 images uploaded by Tophe
before the upload moratorium, and he started 331 topics.

For Robert the What-If attachments file contains 80 pages of 1,990, primarily pre-moratorium,
images uploaded by Robert, and he started 209 topics.

There's some overlap between the images on What-If and BTS, but there's also a lot that's
only on one or the other, especially after the upload moratorium went into effect on What-If.

It's all available under their profiles (the path is the same on both forums):
Members->Find Members->Tophe->show posts->Messages_Topics_Attachments
Members->Find Members->kitnut617->show posts->Messages_Topics_Attachments

kerick

Thanks for all that digging! Now I'll have to compare the photos to what I have in stock.....
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

Thats amazing.  Thanks Jon.   :thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..