DONE +++ 1:72 Lockheed-Detroit P-22A 'Alcyone', USAAC, 1935

Started by Dizzyfugu, June 08, 2024, 12:22:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Very colourful and VERY 'American' too.  :thumbsup:

Somehow I can see it hanging underneath a MONSTER airship as well.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 16, 2024, 03:08:34 AMVery colourful and VERY 'American' too.  :thumbsup:

Somehow I can see it hanging underneath a MONSTER airship as well.

Weren't the airships operated  by the US Navy?  And the navy would want a radial engined version of this.

But, maybe the US Army Air Corps could operate armoured troop carrying airships from which Alcyones hung and paratroopers dropped like flies trouble from the skies.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

Thank you, glad you like it. Yeah, it's a pretty and colorful bird! :lol:

And, yes, the airship carriers (Akron and Macon - were there more?) were a USN project - even though a Ki-10 with a radial engine would certainly be possible, too... ;-)

Doug K

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on June 16, 2024, 03:58:12 AMWeren't the airships operated  by the US Navy? 

Of course, they were SHIPS after all.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Weaver

Nice one Dizzy - that paint job is fabulous!  :thumbsup:

Now here's a thought: imagine if the IJN operated aircraft-carrying airships too, and both the IJN and the USN continued to do so into WWII.
That'd make for some interesting battle over the Pacific, wouldn't it? :o
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Weaver on June 16, 2024, 01:00:06 PMNow here's a thought: imagine if the IJN operated aircraft-carrying airships too, and both the IJN and the USN continued to do so into WWII.
That'd make for some interesting battle over the Pacific, wouldn't it? :o

VERY much so, I've thought of such a scenario often, even extended into the Korean War and even further as well.

Regards
Kit

Rick Lowe

Nice work, Dizzy.  :thumbsup:

And Blimp-carried biplanes duking it out over a Pacific Island would make for an interesting scenario.

PR19_Kit

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Joe C-P

In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Glenn Gilbertson

The Rat

If aircraft models representing the 'yellow wing' era don't put a smile on one's face, check for a pulse.  :wub:  :thumbsup:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"