McDougall Donald F-45 Pheagle. Finished pics pg 8.

Started by zenrat, June 08, 2024, 03:38:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 30, 2024, 04:32:56 AMAt first you think 'Oh yes, an Eagle', but then you look again and go 'Errrrmmmmmmmmmmmm..........................????'  ;D

:wacko:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 30, 2024, 04:32:56 AMAt first you think 'Oh yes, an Eagle', but then you look again and go 'Errrrmmmmmmmmmmmm..........................????'  ;D

Very much so
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

zenrat

Today I fired up the air brush and painted 18 bombs.
I also sorted out a tank for the belly hsrdpoint.

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

kerick

This is going to look even better with a load out. A couple of Sidewinders or Slammers in the mix?
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

Quote from: kerick on August 04, 2024, 01:33:36 PMThis is going to look even better with a load out. A couple of Sidewinders or Slammers in the mix?

Not at the moment.  But that might change.
Currently 18 SUU-30's and a big shiny tank on the centreline.
Fred

zenrat

Bombs and tank are in place...

...but i then found some 'winders and a couple of double mount hardpoints and i'm fitting them under the intakes.

Also started on the back story.

Fred

zenrat

Backstory developing mind of its own and going in some strange directions.

Fred

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on August 07, 2024, 05:16:52 AMBackstory developing mind of its own and going in some strange directions.

I'm told a lie down can sometimes help  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 07, 2024, 06:27:48 AM
Quote from: zenrat on August 07, 2024, 05:16:52 AMBackstory developing mind of its own and going in some strange directions.

I'm told a lie down can sometimes help  ;)

Following a good nights sleep I toned it down a bit to avoid possible complaints.   :wacko:

Nearly done.  Model as well.  Just got to put another goat of underside on the missel pylons and add some colour to the missels noses.  And then superglue them into position.
Fred

Old Wombat

Quote from: zenrat on August 08, 2024, 05:52:24 AMNearly done.  Model as well.  Just got to put another goat of underside on the missel pylons and add some colour to the missels noses.  And then superglue them into position.

:blink:

Have you been sniffing the glue again, Fred, or do you need to get better ventilation in your modelling space? :unsure:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

kerick

Quote from: Old Wombat on August 08, 2024, 07:20:22 AM
Quote from: zenrat on August 08, 2024, 05:52:24 AMNearly done.  Model as well.  Just got to put another goat of underside on the missel pylons and add some colour to the missels noses.  And then superglue them into position.

:blink:

Have you been sniffing the glue again, Fred, or do you need to get better ventilation in your modelling space? :unsure:

Obviously AI is doing its "take care of humanity" thing and changing the words. It's for our own good you know.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

More likely to be due to inhaling thinners than glue fumes.   :o

Although I do use a big fat stinky texter (marker pen) at work to redact bar codes on reused packaging.  That has a heck of a kick to it.

Nothing more done to this today - no bench time.
Fred

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on August 09, 2024, 04:57:23 AMAlthough I do use a big fat stinky texter (marker pen) at work to redact bar codes on reused packaging.  That has a heck of a kick to it.

:unsure:  Is this where people bring in a package they want to post but it has an existing bar code on it ? I'm confused. Not sure if Royal Mail/The Post Office here in the UK offer the same thing.