MiG-25 Foxbat, Have Gate tactical exploitation *finished*

Started by sandiego89, June 08, 2024, 07:17:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

Quote from: zenrat on June 10, 2024, 05:44:05 AMIf I get time tomorrow i'll dig out a built F-15 and sit it next to a built MiG 25 for you.  They are both big boned girls.

Same thoughts Fred...either that or a Su27 ..another massive bugger 😁
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

Here you go.

25 and 15 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Further comparisons show that (possible issues with scale fidelity notwithstanding) A MiG 25 is equal in length to a B-17E.

And now back to the model building.
Over to you Dave.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Dizzyfugu

...and then imagine that this thing was built from stainless steel and not duralmin! It weighed considerably more than an MTOW B-17, too!

PR19_Kit

It HAD to go fast just in order to fly at that weight!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

sandiego89

Finished

Red 31 MiG-25 post defection in the Red Hat hanger at Groom Lake/Area-51

Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

Weaver

Nice one!  :thumbsup:  I like captured aircraft: it's fertile ground.

Re the size discussion, can you imagine some time-travel situation in which you're flying a B-17 in 1943 and one of these bloody things tools up alongside you?

"Uh, Skip, you're not gonna believe this..."
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

zenrat

:thumbsup:

Good job Dave.

Re the size.  This has got me thinking about taking a 1/48 MiG 25 and scaleoramaing it into 1/72 by the simple expedient of using a seat. pilot, and canopy.
Would it fool people into dismissing it with "yeah, they were pretty big aircraft those 25's and 31's"?

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Weaver

Quote from: zenrat on June 17, 2024, 05:13:08 AM:thumbsup:

Good job Dave.

Re the size.  This has got me thinking about taking a 1/48 MiG 25 and scaleoramaing it into 1/72 by the simple expedient of using a seat. pilot, and canopy.
Would it fool people into dismissing it with "yeah, they were pretty big aircraft those 25's and 31's"?

Give it a bomb bay, a Blinder-style nose with a shorter radome and glazing for a nav-bombadier, airliner-style multi-wheel bogey undercarriage, and leave the wing pylons off. Claim it as a Tu-<something> NATO reporting name <B-something> supersonic bomber that followed on from the Blinder... :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est