Main Menu

F-106X Resurection

Started by Mossie, June 08, 2024, 01:11:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

Found the Italeri kit.  I'm missing a few bits from that kit, including the two seat canopy and the open burner can (I completely forgot it had that option anyway).  But the closed exhaust is there and I found the plasticard too, so game on. :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Wardukw

Quote from: Mossie on June 11, 2024, 04:21:53 AMFound the Italeri kit.  I'm missing a few bits from that kit, including the two seat canopy and the open burner can (I completely forgot it had that option anyway).  But the closed exhaust is there and I found the plasticard too, so game on. :thumbsup:
Excellent  ;D
And i did say when to so even better ☺️
It's action time and this is going to be specifically cool 😎 😀 😄
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Mossie

I've been faffing about too much trying to paint the inside of the afterburner, I need to move on and actually get it on the kit and start reshaping the rear end.  I did toy with the idea of using an F-14 afterburner but selected the F100 as being closest to the F401.  An F-14 GE F101 would have been easier as it would have matched the kit diameter better, as the exhaust was enlarged to match that of the TF30.  You live and learn.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Wardukw

Quote from: Mossie on June 11, 2024, 11:18:43 AMI've been faffing about too much trying to paint the inside of the afterburner, I need to move on and actually get it on the kit and start reshaping the rear end.  I did toy with the idea of using an F-14 afterburner but selected the F100 as being closest to the F401.  An F-14 GE F101 would have been easier as it would have matched the kit diameter better, as the exhaust was enlarged to match that of the TF30.  You live and learn.
Yeah dude but if this stuff was easy even normal model builders would do it  :wacko:  :wacko:
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Mossie

True!  ;D   Got some reshaping done last night.  Not sure how much I'll do today, got combination of things going on.  Can't see me finishing on time, but you never know.

Wardukw

Quote from: Mossie on June 12, 2024, 04:39:43 AMTrue!  ;D   Got some reshaping done last night.  Not sure how much I'll do today, got combination of things going on.  Can't see me finishing on time, but you never know.
I had a feeling not long after Chris listed this GB that something would come along to bugger up this week for me..bingo bango..right in the money ..now ive got a fecking large wound on top of my left hand from a Toyota hilux front hub assembly landing on it..brilliant bud  :banghead:  😆

kerick

Quote from: Wardukw on June 12, 2024, 08:29:54 PM
Quote from: Mossie on June 12, 2024, 04:39:43 AMTrue!  ;D   Got some reshaping done last night.  Not sure how much I'll do today, got combination of things going on.  Can't see me finishing on time, but you never know.
I had a feeling not long after Chris listed this GB that something would come along to bugger up this week for me..bingo bango..right in the money ..now ive got a fecking large wound on top of my left hand from a Toyota hilux front hub assembly landing on it..brilliant bud  :banghead:  😆

I thought I heard someone swearing last night!!!
Seriously, take care of that wound! No infections allowed! There will be an inspection in the morning!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise