F/A-18E/F "Murder Hornet"

Started by seadude, June 10, 2024, 12:51:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

seadude

So this murder hornet model project needs to have quite a "sting" to it. ;)
I've got PLENTY of 1/72 scale Hasegawa weapon sets to use.
So I'm wondering what you guys think would be best for weapon options?
All air to air ordnance?
Precision strike?
Half air to air and half air to ground?
Something else?
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

NARSES2

Personally I'd go half and half.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Pellson

Quote from: jcf on June 12, 2024, 12:36:47 AMYep, they invade a hive and go into slaughter mode decaptitating all the adult bees, but keeping the larvae
alive as food. They then take over the hive as their nest. Native bees and domesticated honey bees have no
defenses, unlike the bees in the areas where the hornets are native. Those bees swarm and suffocate scouting
hornets. They completely cover the hornet while rapidly beating their wings, which raises their body temperature
along with that of the hornet and they keep it up until the invader is dead. Lots of bees die, but the hornet scouts
can't go back to their nests and return in force.

Lovely cute little animals... I positively HATE insects. I can understand their usefulness in the larger scheme, but while there's lots and lots of love displayed in almost any species of vertebrae, even many fish species, insects are all about digital life or death, the latter preferrably as beastly as possible.. brrr..
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Pellson on June 13, 2024, 07:07:27 AMinsects are all about digital life or death, the latter preferrably as beastly as possible.. brrr..

Couldn't agree more, and it especially applies to the one that got inside my shirt at the weekend and bit me severely all over my chest and back! All sorts of ointments won't stop the bites itching, or even hurting, so far. :( :(  :banghead:  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

perttime

Quote from: seadude on June 12, 2024, 09:48:24 AM...
All air to air ordnance?
Precision strike?
Half air to air and half air to ground?
Something else?
A couple of HARMs and then as much Air to Air stuff as will fit.

------------------------
I quite like bumblebees: always busy going from flower to flower, and they'll leave you alone as long as you don't bother them. Just ... when going to the beach or for a swim, check that there isn't one in your swimming trunks.

kerick

A friend of mine took a swig from his soda can. There was a wasp inside. The evil thing stung him five times inside his mouth before he could spit it out. Not much use for things that can injure people like that.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Rick Lowe

Quote from: kerick on June 13, 2024, 08:57:13 AMA friend of mine took a swig from his soda can. There was a wasp inside. The evil thing stung him five times inside his mouth before he could spit it out. Not much use for things that can injure people like that.

Yikes! Hope he wasn't allergic or anything. Yeah, the fact that they can do damage and then walk (ok, fly...) away scot-free just adds insult to the injury.

Kit, is it worth trying to squeeze the lumps? There may still be some venom or something in them, which is causing the pain. Or the stinger/s may still be imbedded.

jcf

The insects are loving our hawthorne this year. You cannot view this attachment.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rick Lowe on June 14, 2024, 06:47:50 PMKit, is it worth trying to squeeze the lumps? There may still be some venom or something in them, which is causing the pain. Or the stinger/s may still be imbedded.

I did think of that Rick, but over the last few days, and after LASHINGS of the hydrocortisone ointment, they've at last stopped itching and are shrinking in size.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: perttime on June 13, 2024, 08:23:27 AMI quite like bumblebees: always busy going from flower to flower, and they'll leave you alone as long as you don't bother them. Just ... when going to the beach or for a swim, check that there isn't one in your swimming trunks.

Totaly agree.

Rick Lowe

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 15, 2024, 05:59:36 AM
Quote from: Rick Lowe on June 14, 2024, 06:47:50 PMKit, is it worth trying to squeeze the lumps? There may still be some venom or something in them, which is causing the pain. Or the stinger/s may still be imbedded.

I did think of that Rick, but over the last few days, and after LASHINGS of the hydrocortisone ointment, they've at last stopped itching and are shrinking in size.  :thumbsup:

That's a relief - any improvement is a Good Thing. :thumbsup: