Martin Baker MB-6 Mink, night fighter.

Started by chrisonord, June 11, 2024, 08:14:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Yeah, but this is Whiff World.......................
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Come out well Chris  :thumbsup:

I've that kit in the stash, but haven't attempted it yet.

AZ kits can be a challenge, my current He 162 for instance, but others , their Tempest V/VI (not the II) can be a dream, but they do some interesting types.

One possible reason they may not of got back to you is that having had a conversation with them at Telford their English is very limited. Mind you better than my Czech  :angel: . They were very friendly, but it was a difficult conversation on both sides
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

2996 Victor

Quote from: jcf on June 11, 2024, 03:47:14 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 11, 2024, 11:44:01 AM
Quote from: jcf on June 11, 2024, 11:11:31 AMIt wasn't going to happen because they didn't have the production facilities that
were required. Someone else would have
to do the manufacture.

My backstory for the 2-3 MB5/6s that I've built supposes exactly that, and I suggested that Hawker would carry out the sub-contract, thus naming it the Monsoon, like their other wind named aircraft.

Oddly, years after that might have happened I myself was a sub-contractor to Martin Baker, but that was for supplying test systems for the ejection seats. And the factory really is remarkably small!  :o
The bosses trying to convince Camm that someone else's design should have priority for production would
have been an interesting challenge.
;D :wacko:
That would have been an interesting meeting..... :wacko:
Mark's workbench:
Spitfire Mk.I Vichy North Africa - Eduard 1/48
Spitfire PR.XIX Rearward-cockpit - Airfix 1/48
Boulton Paul Valiant Mk.I PR - Airfix 1/48

comrade harps

Whatever.