OA-61 Counter Widow

Started by HarryPhishnuts, June 15, 2024, 05:29:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Many thanks for the info  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Spino

Interesting idea for sure!

HarryPhishnuts

Ok she's finally done. Had to take a break for about a week thanks to Covid (been ducking and dodging that SOB for 4 years but finally caught me)  :banghead:

Overall really happy with how this one turned out. Really like the results with the 3D printing (even used it for some of the stuff on the diorama). Lots of firsts on this kit besides the 3D printing, First time with the Ammo Atom paints (highly recommend) as well as some other of their products. Also tried some new weathering techniques, still need some practice but overall pretty happy.

The backstory on this particular setting is sometime early '67, stationed at an operating base somewhere that it probably shouldn't be. Been operating out of there for a while, hence the heavy weathering. Only bath comes with the rains. Minimal markings and no national insignia hoping to obscure its true operators. In the nose are a M134 minigun and a XM128 40mm grenade launcher taken from a salvaged AH-1G and a load out diverse enough for whatever may come. Now just waiting for night to fall.

Lot of fun on this one. Now back to the stash for the next adventure  ;D

chrisonord

The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Old Wombat

Yep, I like that! :mellow:  :thumbsup:

Accuracy of the 40mm GL could be "interesting" but, hey, it just has to scare the insurgents into running away to be effective. ;)  ;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

That does look good  :thumbsup:

Glad the Covid's cleared up  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

HarryPhishnuts

Quote from: Old Wombat on July 27, 2024, 09:31:52 PMYep, I like that! :mellow:  :thumbsup:

Accuracy of the 40mm GL could be "interesting" but, hey, it just has to scare the insurgents into running away to be effective. ;)  ;D

I figure the 40mm it's more of a area effect weapon (aka lob in the general direction of ;) ). I did find out that there was a 40mm pod that was developed for I think the OV-1 or OV-10 so someone else thought it was an interesting idea.

HarryPhishnuts

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 28, 2024, 01:05:09 AMThat does look good  :thumbsup:

Glad the Covid's cleared up  :thumbsup:

Thanks   ;D