Hobbyboss 1/35 stridsvagn 131 - Done!

Started by buzzbomb, June 18, 2024, 02:10:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jakko

Wouldn't this be either a Strv 123 or Strv 131, though, instead of a 122? Swedish nomenclature is vehicle type followed by gun calibre in centimetres, and then a sequential number for the variant. Strv 121 is the Leopard 2A4, 122 is the Leopard 2A5, because they are the first and second tanks with a 12 cm gun in service, so with a new 120 mm gun this would be the 123, while with a 130 mm gun, it'll be 131.
... I know all this and more ...

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Steel Penguin on June 22, 2024, 01:51:42 AMi keep expecting to see a remote weapon system with an auto shotgun mounted   :wacko:

They were playing around with one mounting a pair of AA-12 Shotguns, at one stage...
I've see pics but can't find them at present - my goggle-fu has failed me this time...

buzzbomb

Quote from: Jakko on June 23, 2024, 02:37:16 AMWouldn't this be either a Strv 123 or Strv 131, though, instead of a 122? Swedish nomenclature is vehicle type followed by gun calibre in centimetres, and then a sequential number for the variant. Strv 121 is the Leopard 2A4, 122 is the Leopard 2A5, because they are the first and second tanks with a 12 cm gun in service, so with a new 120 mm gun this would be the 123, while with a 130 mm gun, it'll be 131.
Good info and certainly explains the Swedish naming system and might well be one of the above.. if it ends up Swedish.
The title was nothing more than what was written on the instructions when I started (and even that was spelt wrong  ;D ) as the end point was some distance away. This was really a loss of mojo build.

But... painting has started as far as a primer coat. Also has a RWS now, just one pinched from a Stryker kit so nothing super modern or flash.

Jakko

Quote from: buzzbomb on June 23, 2024, 10:59:26 PMThe title was nothing more than what was written on the instructions
Ah, OK, I thought you were going to build this as a what-if Swedish variant. Would be interesting to do just that, though.

buzzbomb

So the painting begins. Still not decided the nationality, Swedish or Finnish... both have great schemes.
Maybe lets do what Jakko's said.... leaning toward Swedish.. so we may get the Stridsvagn 131 yet

First layer

Let the Splinter pattern begin

The charcoal is next.
Not being super careful with the masking, so it will probably be a bit rough in places and may need a few touch ups come the unmasking.

Jakko

Old Wombat

Quote from: Jakko on June 25, 2024, 01:34:43 AMThat kind of masking is fun ...

Sorry, which drugs are you on, exactly? :unsure:

;)  ;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Old Wombat on June 25, 2024, 02:07:30 AM

Quote from: Jakko on June 25, 2024, 01:34:43 AMThat kind of masking is fun ...

Sorry, which drugs are you on, exactly? :unsure:

;)  ;D

And can we get some over here?  Asking for a Friend. :angel:

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Jakko

buzzbomb

Alright.. reasonably happy with how that came out

On to the next bit, decals, detail painting and a bit of weathering

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise