Main Menu

Bristol 204

Started by Leading Observer, June 19, 2024, 01:23:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leading Observer

As announced on My Stash Grew thread, I have the 1/72 Lost British Projects Bristol 204 model. It includes two small underwing pods, which are shown on the few drawings I can find of the project, but I have no idea what these are! Anyone got any ideas?
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

Mossie

I can see the Type 204 in Spectrum colours, landing on Cloud base.

The pods are 2" rocket pods.  They get a mention in BSP2 in the spec box.  The plan in that book has it with a number of armaments, Red Beard, 1000lb conventional bombs, the 2" rocket pods and even 3" RP's.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Leading Observer

Quote from: Mossie on June 19, 2024, 02:00:37 PMI can see the Type 204 in Spectrum colours, landing on Cloud base.

The pods are 2" rocket pods.  They get a mention in BSP2 in the spec box.  The plan in that book has it with a number of armaments, Red Beard, 1000lb conventional bombs, the 2" rocket pods and even 3" RP's.

Thanks Mossie - I may remove the pods and substitute something a little more "dramatic" in their place :wacko:
LO

Rheged

Being of  advanced decrepitude, I'm afraid I assumed that the Bristol 204 was an early  1950's  sports car!  No doubt the motoring cognoscenti here will rush to inform me that I'm really thinking of the Bristol 404!

That said, I'm eagerly awaiting the appearance of the completed Bristol 204 in all its glory!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Gondor

Quote from: Rheged on June 20, 2024, 10:58:25 AMBeing of  advanced decrepitude, I'm afraid I assumed that the Bristol 204 was an early  1950's  sports car!  No doubt the motoring cognoscenti here will rush to inform me that I'm really thinking of the Bristol 404!

That said, I'm eagerly awaiting the appearance of the completed Bristol 204 in all its glory!

Although I am not as advanced in decrepitude as your esteemed self Mr Rheged, I too thought the Bristol 204 was going to be a car.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

The earliest Bristol car was a 400, which was almost a BMW 327 built in Bristol, but, as with many good things, it was lengthened a bit.   ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Leading Observer

LO

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Quote from: Gondor on June 20, 2024, 11:51:11 AM
Quote from: Rheged on June 20, 2024, 10:58:25 AMBeing of  advanced decrepitude, I'm afraid I assumed that the Bristol 204 was an early  1950's  sports car!  No doubt the motoring cognoscenti here will rush to inform me that I'm really thinking of the Bristol 404!

Although I am not as advanced in decrepitude as your esteemed self Mr Rheged, I too thought the Bristol 204 was going to be a car.

Gondor

For some reason I was expecting a helicopter.   :-\
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..